Craig Berube Rips Sidney Crosby, Says Players "Should Run Him Over"

Guest Irishjim

http://mobilwi.typep...6499b66e970b-pi

Nobody puts Chief in the corner.

On Sunday, while Peter Laviolette was losing his **** and calling Dan Bylsma a ****** ****(

at least one reader’s mom thinks he did) assistant coach Craig Berube - The Chief - played the unlikely role of peacemaker. That's the social equivalent of battery acid serving as an artificial sweetener. But don’t let Berube's actions fool you-- he was
at what had happened between the Flyers and Penguins.

Here’s what he told the Daily News Live crew yesterday [we’re admittedly a bit late on this, but we’ll assume that most of you don't watch every single minute of DNL]

"Let me tell you something, Crosby and Malkin are the two dirtiest players on their hockey team. They slash, they punch guys in the face. They do all these little things-- I got no problem with what Schenn does. And if someone runs [Crosby] over-- that’s great. They should run him over. This guy gets away with too much, in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night. It’s a joke. And the guy did something to Schenner a little bit earlier, so he just went at gave him a little shot. It wasn’t like it was a tough, bad cross-check. The guy dove. And I understand all that, they’re going to protect their guy, and they should."

So... pretty much the same thing every non-Pittsburgh hockey fan on the planet has been saying for the last five years. Glad to see we’re all on the same page. Berube

joins Mike Milbury in calling out the Penguins and Crosby for basically being a bunch of sissies, which is the nicest adjective I could come up with-- Labia lint seemed a bit harsh and descriptive.

Video after the jump. Fun starts around 2:15.

this is fun for us fans...

i hope the players are concentrating on beating the penguins to the puck and winning every 1 on 1 battle, then they can send those do uche nozzles back to nova scotia, and mother russia for a long summer of soul searching and contemplation.

This is all great. I really like Milbury's comments in the interview he made on WIP. I don't care that he "apologized." Berube's comments are even better because I'm sure he's telling all of his players to basically kill Crosby and Malkin.

• Like 1

i gotta say i prefer it when the coaches stay out of stuff like this. it's great to hear how Berube really feels, but i just get this bad feeling that it just sets the table for Crosby to burn us with backbreaking goals and plays.

Berube joins Mike Milbury in calling out the Penguins and Crosby for basically being a bunch of sissies, which is the nicest adjective I could come up with-- Labia lint seemed a bit harsh and descriptive.

Labia lint.......is that the anatomically correct term for a Kotex pad?.... LOL

this is a setup for the playoff series. chief is buying calls from the refs with this. he's planted the seed that they are dirty, which they are. maybe the refs will pay more attention from now on.

Not sure Berube has the coaching clout to "buy" calls, or even get refs to call what they see. It won't change until another golden team says something, like Babcock of the Wings or Julien of the Bs.

This is all great. I really like Milbury's comments in the interview he made on WIP. I don't care that he "apologized." Berube's comments are even better because I'm sure he's telling all of his players to basically kill Crosby and Malkin.

So, Milbury apologized? Geez, does everyone in Pittsburgh just cry until they get their way?