a fight which will live in infamy. Shelly-Rupp

Guest Irishjim

I know Shelley has a ridiculous contract but that is Holmgrens fault. You couldnt help feeling good for him after getting embarrassed on 24/7 by Rupp.

Right on. Shelly just signed where they told him he had to sign to get his money. I like it a lot and am happy for Shelly that he settled that score. Meanwhile, Rupp's comment was stupid and it should be a lesson to us all (e.g., "If Shelly is irrelevant, what does that make you now Mikey? Mikey? Mikey? Can you not hear me Mikey? Do you want me to talk into your good ear Mikey?").

• Like 1

Do you want me to talk into your good ear Mikey?"

Haha I haven't been excited over A fight like that since Cote beat McGratton down a couple years ago when McGratton was talking about getting revenge for Downie's preseason suspension hit

yep, the K.O., the salute, the payback - it all came together perfectly for Jody Shelley.

I hated the signing as much as anyone when I heard Homer locked him up for 3 freakin years. And at $1.1 per that's just a ludicrous contract for a 4-min/night, 20 nights/year player. Just dumb. That said, he's not "useless" and he's not a terrible hockey player. I don't recall any giveaways by him this year that cost us goals. I don't remember jumping out of my chair and yelling "Dammit Shelley!" Obviously he's not a skill guy but don't believe for a minute he's a stupid guy, or that he's stupid on the ice. He's not. He makes up for his liabilities by knowing his role and executing it well. His W/L record doesn't even matter. Teams knowing they'll have to deal with him, that's what matters. Is he scaring the crap out of anyone? Well no, he's not Derek Boogard. But he forces teams to respond and in the right situation that's a worthwhile part of the plan.

Is it worthwhile in the POs? The consensus has always been "No, goons, fighters, etc. don't dress for PO games." But in our case this year we might reconsider against the Pens or the Rags. If we end up playing the Rags we should seriously consider dressing Shelley for (at least) the first game. 0-6. And many of those losses were ugly, in a we-got-manhandled way. Same with the wins against the Pens. Sure we won most of the games but it cost us big. Grossmann, Briere are testament to the latest.

Do I want to sit Wellwood to play Shelley? No, but maybe for that first game against the Pens or the Rags.

you keep using that word. i do not think it means what you think it means.

re: infamy

sarcasm (pluralsarcasms)

• (uncountable) A form of humor that is marked by mocking with irony, sometimes conveyed in speech with vocal over-emphasis. Insincerely saying something which is the opposite of one's intended meaning, often to emphasize how unbelievable or unlikely it sounds if taken literally, thereby illustrating the obvious nature of one's intended meaning.

:D