Milbury apologizes for Crosby being a punk

Guest TedZep

@TedZep

<<You can really twist something a certain way, and he's obviously showing he's more than capable of doing that. He's pretty good at twisting stuff around, that's for sure.">>

Just like Crosby does all the time. Whatever. I don't wish for injury to the guy. I just like and respect the NHL more (though not much more) when Crosby is not around. I think his presence really makes the NHL look like a wussie league.

How does he complain about getting cheap shotted in retaliation for a cheap shot? And then slink away?

When he was out with his concussion I thought that was too bad and hoped he got better. I think I may have changed my mind. I used to reserve that sort of hate for punks like Avery, but Crosby has sunk to that level.

• Like 1

""I reached out to (Pittsburgh president) David Morehouse and the Penguins about the comments I made yesterday on Philadelphia radio," Milbury said. "In hindsight, I realize what I said was inappropriate and wrong, and I want to apologize to the Penguins organization and their fans.""

it's a shame that protecting one's own financial interests has to get in the way of someone speaking their mind/truth.

"We're going to pay you to voice your opinions on the air... that is until your opinions differ from ours. At that point you have 2 choices: agree or kiss your paycheck good-bye"

• Like 1

@blocker

I think Crosby has been and is making a fool of himself with actions and comments like this. He looks like a spoiled kid that goes to the playground and starts stuff and then when he gets hi he goes crying to his dad to fight his battles for him.

very well put, precisely what it is and if this league wasn't so incredibly desperate to be taken seriously, maybe they'd have the stones to allow people to call him on it. It's like that jerk at school who no one is allowed to put in his place because his dad donated the majority of the money needed to erect a new building or get the football team new pads and jerseys. I always wondered how "that kid" could live with himself and I've often wondered the same about Crosby.

LeBron James.

Really? Other than being a Yankees fan and handling his free agency like a bit of a tool, he seems decent enough. I don't follow the NBA very much (it is still called the NBA, right?) but he doesn't seem half the punk-*** wussy prima donna that Crosby is.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=8165

Hey Sid, don't hate the messenger.

You can't un-ring a bell and Milbury's comments are out there for folks to consider. We've all seen this kind of thing where a person has to apologize for heart felt but politically incorrect comments and we're smart enough to know that the person is apologizing for his or her honesty, not for the opinion stated.

I'd say the Pens demand for an apology backfired because if anything, the apology hyped the issue even more. If you missed Milbury's comments the first time around, you got a second crack when he apologized. Also interesting how Shero tried to impugn Milbury's decency, baselessly accusing him of making light of concussions. Pretty desperate move on Shero's part, so you have to assume the Pens were really stung by Milbury's comments. The truth hurts sometimes.

Really? Other than being a Yankees fan and handling his free agency like a bit of a tool, he seems decent enough. I don't follow the NBA very much (it is still called the NBA, right?) but he doesn't seem half the punk-*** wussy prima donna that Crosby is.

I was just addressing the "hated" thing. And to me, that free agency crap was a lot more than just being a tool. I wish him nothing but failure in his sporting life.

I was just addressing the "hated" thing. And to me, that free agency crap was a lot more than just being a tool. I wish him nothing but failure in his sporting life.

Lebron is a bit of a hypocrite as well. I remember him coming on ESPN talking about Jeremy Lin and he was asked what you think about Lin and the hype and he said "we don't like to get into all of that show me, look at me stuff." I thought to myself really Lebron? Then why did you announce your free agency destination on primetime on ESPN?

He is a hypocrite too, but he is not nearly as bad as Crosby. He is hated especially in Cleveland and quite a bit league wide, and I imagine it is much the same with Crosby. I know tons for fans from other teams and they just can't stand the guy.

I have a couple friends who are Pittsburgh fans and they don't even like Crosby. They'll take his talent on their team, but even they want this guy to just shut up.

Hated NFL:

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, TO

NHL:

Sean Avery

I don't really hate any NFL players. I hate NFL teams. I like Brady, I like Manning, I even like Tebow a ton. TO is irrelevant. The only player I could say I really disliked, was Keyshawn Johnson, but now that he's an analyst he's kind of funny.

"He looks like a spoiled kid that goes to the playground and starts stuff and then when he gets hit he goes crying to his dad to fight his battles for him. "

Phillygrump: Couldn't have said it better myself. That is exactly what he's like.

Also, my respect level for Milbury (whom I always thought was a bit of a tool), suddenly went up a few notches.

LeBron James.

Yeah I know, who cares about the NBA, but that's the best I could come up with

See I like Lebron and I'm not alone.

The only other player in the past that came to mind immediately was Barry Bonds. The guy was a sure fire hall of famer as he was an incredible player. But his ego wouldn't allow the spotlight to be stolen from him so he took roids. The only thing bigger then the guy's steroid inflated head is his ego.

• Like 2