Milbury apologizes for Crosby being a punk

Guest TedZep

I don't get this whole thing that people are not to speak their mind. Torterrela doesnt work for the NHL. He works for the Rangers. And the Rangers dont work for the NHL. The NHL works for the board of goveners. If anyone has a say over wether Torts gets a fine it should be the board of goveners, not the NHL.

My guess is that he'll be fined. Not that I think he should be fined; just that I think he will.

I should probably check the wire first but I don't think you can get fined for this. You can get fined for bashing the officials or the league but opponents and opponent teams are fair game.

Milbury is right, he is a punk.

Pittsburgh fans are in an uproar over these comments. I don't seem to remember them minding the 24/7 Crosby worship that happens on NBC and TSN any other day. They make it sound like Torts and Milbury committed a crime by calling Crosby and Malkin out.

Pittsburgh fans are in an uproar over these comments. I don't seem to remember them minding the 24/7 Crosby worship that happens on NBC and TSN any other day. They make it sound like Torts and Milbury committed a crime by calling Crosby and Malkin out.

NHL spin masters have been hard at work throwing a blanket on this and smothering it. The talking points seem to be a) "gamesmanship" and B) echoing Sid's "garbage" comments. They have been pretty successful getting television and print media to fall in line. I think there is a lot more to the story of course but you can imagine why they want this to go away.

Can anybody think of another sports star who's as universally disliked as much as Crosby?

No matter how much you admire his talent, the whining is annoying.

In the US al least (obviously things would be different in Canada) Crosby doesn't even make the cut for "most unpopular athlete":

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanriper/2012/02/07/americas-most-disliked-athletes/

We’ve recently seen it by league, how about overall? Over the past few months we’ve looked at the most disliked players in the NFL (Michael Vick) and NBA (Kris Humphries).

When putting the most disliked athletes from all sports under one roof, Vick and Humphries still make the cut. In fact Vick is still right at the top. But the NFL and NBA bad boys do share the stage with golf (Tiger Woods), baseball (Alex Rodriguez) and Nascar (Kurt Busch).

That’s the result of the latest surveys conducted by Nielsen and partner E-Poll Market Research, measuring public attitudes toward pro athletes. Players named on the list were those that scored the most responses from people describing them as athletes they “dislike”;”dislike somewhat” or “dislike a lot.” Candidates are limited to those scoring at least 10% awareness with the public (hence, no hockey players).