Chief calling out those dirtbags Crosby and Malkin

Guest Adamflyers

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392211

That last game gave a national audience a chance to see Crosby and Malkin for what they really are...highly skilled dirtballs! I can't believe that even the NBC announcers seemed to be conceding that point as well.

Way to call them out again Chief!!!!

Edited by Adamflyers
  • Like 1

Way to call them out again Chief!!!!

Add Ray Shero to the list of spin masters in the Pens organization:

"He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, 'I'm not going to do this anymore, I'm not going to get into those scrums, I'm going to stay away from that stuff' but he couldn't help himself because there is a little punk in Crosby. He's not the perfect gentleman, he's not that little sweet kid you see in all those interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes. I say screw him, hit him."Milbury's comments prompted an angry response from Penguins' general manager Ray Shero."If it was an attempt at comedy, it falls real short," Shero told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun on ESPN.com on Tuesday. "It's fine to have an opinion on players but when you're making light of concussions, that's not right..."There's nothing funny about [former Flyers captain] Keith Primeau having to retire from it. This is an issue that is at the forefront of our league right now and to make light of these concussions is a real lame attempt at humor. He should know better than this."

Milbury was making fun of Crosby's concussions? No, he was making fun of Crosby's character or his lack of character and the widespread misperception about his virtue and yes, when you "out" Crosby and suggest that officials take a closer look at his antics, you are going to get an aggressive response from the Pens FO. I'll give Shero this: it is a very original response from the best political lobbying organization in hockey.

Edited by terp

It's a sad attempt to change the topic, make Milbury a villain, and Crosby a saint all at once. Unfortunately, someone (probably ESPN) will fall for it and eat it up.

Nauseating, isn't it?

I just want the Flyers to beat those bunch of reprobate animal molesters/social security cheats in the playoffs... i don't care about this spouting off in the press crap. I like the players in the orange sweaters are saying diddly/pooh

"It's fine to have an opinion on players but when you're making light of concussions, that's not right...
"There's nothing funny about [former Flyers captain] Keith Primeau having to retire from it. This is an issue that is at the forefront of our league right now and to make light of these concussions is a real lame attempt at humor. He should know better than this."

Two things. One: No one was making fun of concussions. He was calling out Crosby for being a ****** and making his hits late because he doesn't want to get in and grind. Leave it to Shero to spin it. But in no way was ANYONE making fun of concussions.

Of course Shero would deflect those comments away like that.

Two: The NHL is hardly serious about removing the dirty hits that lead to concussions out of the game. They are inconsistent with their definition of those hits and they are inconsistent with their discipline of those hits. They are too busy watching each other's backs and promoting and protecting popular players on popular teams.

So cram it up your @ss Shero. To quote "My Cousin Vinny" - Everything that guy just said is bullish*t.

"Crosby and Malkin are the dirtiest players on their hockey team. They slash, they punch guys in the face--they do all these little things."

--Craig Berube

luv it, keep it coming Chief

LOL I just watched Torts after tonight's Rags Pens game go nuts in reaction to Orpik kneeing Derek Stephan. He said that he would like to see how the Pens react if the Rags did that to "their 2 whiny stars". He then went on to call the Pens an arrogant organization.

Not a big fan of Torts but glad to see that we are not the only ones that hold his views

Edited by Poulin20
  • Like 1

I was switching back and forth to the Ranger - Pens game. I can't stand Torts but I do appreciate him calling things the way he sees them. It has even more impact coming on the heels of comments by Berube and Milbury.

Funny thing is that fans of other teams around the league share the same view of Crosby. You go to any of their forum's and there is likely to be a posting about what a dirty player or whiner Crosby is and how there is a bias in the league for him.

I just laugh at Crosby. Does anyone else remember the game a couple years ago that was particularly nasty and the Pens sat Crosby out most of the third period?