Ekblad name Rookie of the Year

Guest flyercanuck

My hometown Barrie Colts just turned 16 year old Aaron Ekblad won the ROY trophy, and deservedly so. This giant of a kid played in every situation, every game, and looked like an OHL vet out there game in and game out. Can't wait to see him next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/aaron-ekblad-named-rookie-of-the-year-ohl-all-rookie-teams-announced

My hometown Barrie Colts just turned 16 year old Aaron Ekblad won the ROY trophy, and deservedly so. This giant of a kid played in every situation, every game, and looked like an OHL vet out there game in and game out. Can't wait to see him next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...

http://www.ontarioho...teams-announced

Hmmm... great young D prospect, with size... we know he'll never play for the Flyers so I'm just going to start hating him now, k?

My guess is he goes first overall his draft year. He's the entire package, size, skill, skating, shot, and his biggest quality hockey sense. He also seems very down to earth. I know that sounds funny about a just turned 16 year old, but he's only the 3rd person granted exceptional status.

It's funny being shorthanded and wanting the youngest guy in the league out there to kill the penalty. Same goes for pp or 5 on 5.