Giroux

Guest AbelMorpheus

Claude's numbers are fantastic.

He's accomplished what he has in a game less than the guys who are flanking him, plus he's blocked more shots and put up better or equivalent special team numbers.

Go Giroux!

P.S.

Lupul is proving to be no slouch at the moment either though. Who else besides Kessel does he have on the makebelieves that is helping him generate this kind of offense. Is Joff finally figuring it out?

Edited by AbelMorpheus

Claude Giroux is a complete player. I'm more of a whole team fan and I rarely get excited over a single player; but, this is one of those rare occassions--Claude Giroux is one of the best players ever in the history of the team. I really believe he's that good!

Go Flyers--Go Giroux!

but, this is one of those rare occassions--Claude Giroux is one of the best players ever in the history of the team. I really believe he's that good!

I completely agree... vision, tenacity, skill, the overall package is incredible and he isn't at his peak yet IMO, though he's starting to get there...

Claude Giroux is a complete player. I'm more of a whole team fan and I rarely get excited over a single player; but, this is one of those rare occassions--Claude Giroux is one of the best players ever in the history of the team. I really believe he's that good!

Go Flyers--Go Giroux!

I know it's a Giroux thread and I totally agree with what's been said about him, but I'll throw out another name --- Matt Read. He's awesome to watch play now and I think has the capability to play the same amazing kind of hockey in the future that Giroux does now.

Giroux has a real chance to be a 100 point player....in an era that does not kick them out frequently....esp the past few years. Helps to have the kind of talent around him that he has....but it works both ways. Claude is the type of star that makes those around him better, both by skill level and his unquestioned, magical work ethic. I've said it many times, it's one thing to have a star, it's quite another to have a star you would love to go to war with....you need that daily double to win cups. Amazing skill does not mean much during Apr, May and June unless it's accompanied by outstanding work ethic...that's what makes Claude the true total package. When it's all said and done he will be thought of as one of the top players of his era....and he really deserves that.

There is alot to be excited about for years to come in Philly with Giroux blossoming into a super star right before our eyes. The potential of JVR, Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, Read and Couterier (who could possibly be the next Giroux?)the veteran presence of Jagr, Pronger and Kimmo and a wiser Hartnell, I believe Bryz will come into his own soon. There could be a lot to be excited about this year, who knows?

@wcflyer

jagr is excited about this team, he's not "hey i'll collect my 3.3 and go home to my smoking hot girlfriend". that says to me we may be on to something here, these young guys play with speed and smarts . they act like they enjoy playing hockey and being around each other. it is a nice group to watch play. heck i think even pierre mcguire likes the make up of this team.

"claude giroux is a super star in this league. " pierre mcguire

he said that about 10 times last night, he's right he sees the ice so well, competes for the puck so hard, goes into the corner vs 3 guys and comes out with the puck , able to make a play, wow.

Okay, with a career 1.3 ppg average, Crosby is really in a league of his own...but Giroux is now at the top of the remainder of the pack. He is a superstar. Crosby's career unfortunately, might be winding down like the Etrain's did, and that is sad--like him or not (that's me right over here). Giroux--he's been relatively healthy his whole career. He could be the Joe Sakic of his era....

@medeaglesfan

like the comparison. if it works out that way i think we'll all be happy. i think G is a little slicker than Sakic was but does not have Joe's shot. G competes like pitbull the way forsberg did. my replica has #28 i think i'll be solid for a couple of years....

@medeaglesfan

like the comparison. if it works out that way i think we'll all be happy. i think G is a little slicker than Sakic was but does not have Joe's shot. G competes like pitbull the way forsberg did. my replica has #28 i think i'll be solid for a couple of years....

I definitely can see all the Forsberg parallels and don't necessarily disagree, but I just didn't see Forsberg as such a complete player as Giroux. G's defensive capabilities put him on a higher level than Foppa, IMO, thus I liken him more to Sakic. Sakic logged heavy numbers in his career due to his more complete game.... But I guess I only know Foppa's game based on his few years with the Flyers....If I'm totally wrong, I accept that.

In reality, he is the next Claude Giroux...not the second carnation of someone else. And that is what is great about him.

By the way, this kid in Edmonton with the double name and 30 points looks like he could be in Crosby's class--a class above everyone else. But he is just a rookie and it is still early.

Not to take anything away from Giroux because he's the real deal, but does he still put up these ridiculous numbers without Jagr ?

Well if you mean taking Jagr out and plugging in Shelley, no probably not. But as long as he has someone with somewhat of a skillset...have you seen the passes Giroux makes on a regular basis. Or how determined he is on the forecheck, or along the boards?

I definitely can see all the Forsberg parallels and don't necessarily disagree, but I just didn't see Forsberg as such a complete player as Giroux. G's defensive capabilities put him on a higher level than Foppa, IMO, thus I liken him more to Sakic. Sakic logged heavy numbers in his career due to his more complete game.... But I guess I only know Foppa's game based on his few years with the Flyers....If I'm totally wrong, I accept that.

In reality, he is the next Claude Giroux...not the second carnation of someone else. And that is what is great about him.

By the way, this kid in Edmonton with the double name and 30 points looks like he could be in Crosby's class--a class above everyone else. But he is just a rookie and it is still early.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins? He's too small for the NHL...just like Giroux.