Flyers Prospect Pool

Guest flyercanuck

Courtesy of Hockeys Future, some analysis on the Flyers top prospects at each position...

http://www.hockeysfu...lysis_fall2011/

good article. he states sestito hasn't played an NHL game for the flyers, i swear he played a game late last season and beat the tar out of someone. i could be wrong

Courtesy of Hockeys Future, some analysis on the Flyers top prospects at each position...

http://www.hockeysfu...lysis_fall2011/

I regularly go to that site. I think it's a pretty good site. I particularly go when potential trades are considered to see what types of prospects might be available,

While Homer and company have done a good job of rebuilding the system we are still lacking. We really have no big time impact prospect in the pipeline as many on the list are on the team or have gotten time with the Flyers. My biggest hope is for the Big O - Oliver Lauridsen to continue his development and become a competent physical, big defenseman. I also think Tye McGinn has some potential as a Paul Gaustad type guy. My biggest hopes are few years down the line and were taken in this years draft class.

I think we have the potential for steals with Petr Placek and Marcel Noebels. I particularly think Placek can turn into a player. A huge kid (6'4 210) who played high school hockey in the US and is going to Harvard. At Harvard he is now up to 215 pounds and while no points thus far is playing.

@flyercanuck

I haven't heard of Brendan Ranford.

They ranked the Flyers at #28.

The scary thing to me is that the Kings are ranked #1 with a team that should go deep into the playoffs this year.

Ranford really came out of nowhere in his draft year. He ended up 14th in scoring, pretty good for a guy noone had heard of. He's small, but big enough to play in the NHL. Plus he got suspended for crosschecking a ref, so you gotta like him!

The Kings are stacked with prospects. Though Hickey, picked 2 spots after JVR still hasn't had a sniff of the NHL.

28th is bad. But having Couturier already in the NHL shows we aren't bad at drafting. ,

But I think selecting Couterier was a no brainer. Overall I think Homer and the staff have done an excellent job of making the top picks count. One thing that is a huge problem for me is our drafting and development of our defensemen, We simply do a horrible job of drafting and developing impact defensemen. There were so many through the years that never panned out for us. I remember Mark Eaton to the guy with the huge slap shot, Andy? to acquiring Ryan Bast from Calgary. Bast was supposed to be a physical force on D and once he got with the Flyers organization never panned out.

More recently Kevin Marshall and Bourdon.

Delmore.

I think the Flyers have gone gunshy at drafting defencemen. In our last 3 drafts we've used a 4th rounder, a 6th and 7th and a 3rd and 7th. I'm all for taking BPA for the 1st couple of rounds, but c'mon.

That's it Andy Delmore. Had a rifle of a shot from the point. How do you feel about Marshall? I was excited when we drafted him as he sounded like he could develop into a physical stay at home defenseman who had leadership and character. He just keeps sliding down the charts.