Would anybody want Terry Murray back?

Guest PHI Flyers10

I know a lot of Flyers fans liked Murray and he seems to be more defense-oriented. Would anybody want him back as an assisstant coach? He could definitely help with some of the defensive lapses this team has as times. Obviously if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I guess depending on how the playoffs play out, he could be a good pick up.

I actually don't really have anything against Murray. I clearly remember his "choking" thing but even then didn't really have a problem with it (other than the fact it simply wasn't true). But I think no. I just want to stop with the flyers retreads and the good-old-boy network. Move on.

I was never impressed with him as a head coach/leader. He threw his team under the bus after game 3 finals in '97 by saying they choked in the post game presser. Whether it's true or not, you don't pull a reverse Andy Reid like that. And really like someone else above me said, no more retreads.

I was never impressed with him as a head coach/leader. He threw his team under the bus after game 3 finals in '97 by saying they choked in the post game presser. Whether it's true or not, you don't pull a reverse Andy Reid like that. And really like someone else above me said, no more retreads.

I get that with the retread. I liked Murray with us. I wonder if the Capitals will pick him up? I know he was the head coach before he came to Philly but maybe it could help them out on D, although the Caps need more offense too.

Honestly, I think a major problem with the D is really inherent in Lavy's system/philosophy. His go-go offensive style leaves the backside exposed at times. If defensemen go deep that's fine, as long as they have the wheels to get back and a forward is there to cover his spot. And we need 2 more Grossmans...

I know a lot of Flyers fans liked Murray and he seems to be more defense-oriented. Would anybody want him back as an assisstant coach? He could definitely help with some of the defensive lapses this team has as times. Obviously if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I guess depending on how the playoffs play out, he could be a good pick up.

McCarthy is very much Laviolette's guy so I doubt this is even a remote possibility. Even if for some completely unforseen reason Berube or McCarthy left after this season, I'm still not sure they would talk to him because I sense Lavy's high pressure high energy philosophy isn't an obvious fit for Terry.

I actually touched on this matter some time back and his defensive system does look at X's and O's. Speaking with him a long time back when he use to coach Lindros, I saw he was a strategist, he seemed somewhat aloof but was actually cordial.

In looking at the breakdowns in the past 4-5 games, I saw alot of missed assignments by Giroux and Hartnell and loosy, goosy, stick tic tac patty wack by Carle instead of taking out the man or neutrilize forward movement. And that's where Murray would be a big help.

Now logistically with personel and lateral movement of positions, that's where it might get complicated.

Having Lavy as the Offensive Coach and Murray as the defensive Coach, would be like hearing, Wonder Twins Powers....Activate!...Form of a.....Form of a....

I actually touched on this matter some time back and his defensive system does look at X's and O's. Speaking with him a long time back when he use to coach Lindros, I saw he was a strategist, he seemed somewhat aloof but was actually cordial.

In looking at the breakdowns in the past 4-5 games, I saw alot of missed assignments by Giroux and Hartnell and loosy, goosy, stick tic tac patty wack by Carle instead of taking out the man or neutrilize forward movement. And that's where Murray would be a big help.

Now logistically with personel and lateral movement of positions, that's where it might get complicated.

Having Lavy as the Offensive Coach and Murray as the defensive Coach, would be like hearing, Wonder Twins Powers....Activate!...Form of a.....Form of a....

Can't honestly say I've heard this hockey term used up here.

I think Murray was a good coach..however I don't think him and Lavy would work well together..I think Murray is a head coach or nothing..