Rinaldo Game Misconduct

Guest krasy

I see that way:

First - he is a Flyer, that is 5 minutes

Second - he hit a Refguin, that is a game misconduct

Both teams did not play with lot of intensity, but a win will be great. just for Bobrovski's Pittsburgh winning streak.

How come Rinaldo gets game misconduct for this hit?

Could you please someone explained to me what was wrong with this check.

Really, really really, bad call. I have trouble seeing how it was even two minutes. If the ref wanted to send a message that should have been it -- 2 minutes. Tops.

Really, really really, bad call. I have trouble seeing how it was even two minutes. If the ref wanted to send a message that should have been it -- 2 minutes. Tops.

Even Milbury said it was a bad call.He also said if the officials continue this way it will be a bad series.
  • Like 1

straight up over reaction. they had it in their head long before the hit even happened that they were going to make that call.

I thought it warranted 2 minutes. The 5 and game was way over the top.

• Like 1

@NHL95

The integrity of the NHL is lost. It has been lost since the lockout ended and Crosby ended up in Pittsburgh. This league is a joke.

When Malkin scored his 50, the announcers were SO elated. I was waiting for one of them to say "Yippie! Malkin got his 50th, that means were all getting salary bonuses!!"

It seems to me that Rinaldo has been getting the Steve Downie treatment all year—I'm starting to worry that this kid will never get a fair shake from the refs simply because of his reputation and the fact that he's wearing O&B.

Yesterday's hit probably warrented two minutes, but the five and a game misconduct were a joke. I'd buy that the refs were trying to send a message and keep control of the game if yesterday's incident was an isolated one. But there have been several instances this season in which Rinaldo was penalized for loud and violent—but legal—checks.

I'm hoping that he's just "paying his dues" with the refs this year, and that they'll realize in the future that many of his hits—no matter how brutal—are within the rules.

He's a nice energy player, and I think he has a little more skill than many realize. I believe Jim Jackson said the other night that the coaching staff are thinking of expanding his role next season. The refs are clearly gonna have to him the benefit of the doubt in order for that to work.

What I gathered from the two games is that you are allowed to knee another player, slash another player, punch another player, rabbit punch another player, BUT you aren't aloud to check a player, provided that that the player is a Penguin in the first set of instances and a Flyer in the last instance.

I'm sure Aziz the Apologist will come along soon and tell us we are all wrong and the officiating is incredibly even and fair.

What I gathered from the two games is that you are allowed to knee another player, slash another player, punch another player, rabbit punch another player, BUT you aren't aloud to check a player, provided that that the player is a Penguin in the first set of instances and a Flyer in the last instance.

I'm sure Aziz the Apologist will come along soon and tell us we are all wrong and the officiating is incredibly even and fair.

Don't forget, you're not allowed to say anything bad either.