Why Harry Z

Guest orange_crush

So I wasted 3 hours of my life watching the final Pens/Flyers game hoping someone gets revenge on someone and Harry Z drops the gloves..

WTF? Why the hell is Harry Z fighting..and then the Pens fans are excited because he lost the fight..Harry Z can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag..

What the hell is with Shelley..totally scared of Big Mac..that was your last chance Shelley go to hell already..you suck as an enforcer..

• Like 1

So I wasted 3 hours of my life watching the final Pens/Flyers game hoping someone gets revenge on someone and Harry Z drops the gloves..

WTF? Why the hell is Harry Z fighting..and then the Pens fans are excited because he lost the fight..Harry Z can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag..

What the hell is with Shelley..totally scared of Big Mac..that was your last chance Shelley go to hell already..you suck as an enforcer..

while Shelly does suck as an enforcer, it wasnt really his fault. He merely looked at Mac and said a couple of words and got a 10 minute misconduct. the league has officially been pussified.

Edited by trevluk
  • Like 1

The refs were tossing Flyer muscle for touching the ice. No way they get a crack at a Penguin. I appreciate the effort on Harry Z's part, but he would have been better off staying on ice and finishing checks in the corners. Be a pest.

Probably due to the fact that Vitale turned down an invitation to fight with Rinaldo before agreeing to fight Harry Z.

Yeah, Grossman has been good. Great even.

You didn't think much of that trade at the time, if I recall. I hope you've learned something there and will listen to your buddy Podein from now on when he gives his sage advice.

Ok, enuff of that. I hope somebody in Orange kills somebody with a Penguin on there chest on Wed.night.

while Shelly does suck as an enforcer, it wasnt really his fault. He merely looked at Mac and said a couple of words and got a 10 minute misconduct. the league has officially been pussified.

I dissagree Shelley had several opportunities to go with him and skated away..

Yeah, Grossman has been good. Great even.

You didn't think much of that trade at the time, if I recall. I hope you've learned something there and will listen to your buddy Podein from now on when he gives his sage advice.

Ok, enuff of that. I hope somebody in Orange kills somebody with a Penguin on there chest on Wed.night.

I did think they overpaid for him however it seems that Bryz feels more confident having the twin towers standing in front of him and has elevated his game.. so in that case it was an excellent trade..

Shelly was in a pretty tough position. He wasn’t going to fight McIntyre just for the sake of a fight—McIntyre had nothing to do with what happened in the previous match. (Nor did Shelly, for that matter.)

I think Shelly’s role was to act more as a deterrent than anything else. The way the refs were calling things on Sunday, he probably would’ve been tossed from the game if he’d dropped the gloves with McIntyre. Then the Pens would’ve been free to run amok for the rest of the game without even the threat of retribution.

In terms of Harry Z: I wish he didn’t get pummeled, but sometimes that’s the way it goes. To Vitale’s credit, he answered the bell when Harry Z came calling. To the Flyers’ credit, they let the Vitale thing go after he fought Harry Z.

I didn’t want it to turn into a Steve Moore/Todd Bertuzzi type of situation. Most people remember the end of that incident, with Moore suffering some fractured neck vertebrae at the hands of Bertuzzi in response for laying a cheap shot on Markus Naslund. But many also forget that Moore owned up to it by fighting Matt Cooke prior to being ambushed by Bertuzzi.

With the playoffs looming, the Flyers did the smart thing in letting it go and finishing out an otherwise meaningless game without incurring any significant injuries.

@orange_crush

Easy there, muscles—you’re gonna get people all riled up with that type of talk!

Along those lines, nothing could top one of my favorite philly.com moments in which a member stated that, if he got a hold of it, he would throw Chris Kunitz’s newborn baby on the Wachovia Center ice during one of the Flyers/Pens playoff games.

Even though the poster clearly wasn’t serious, it sparked a ton of responses of the it’s-not-cool-to-talk-about-throwing-people’s-babies-on-the-ice nature.

Ah, good times…

Haha! I remember that. The announcers kept mentioning Kunitz's newborn kid and we all got sick of hearing about it...funny as hell. It got to the point where some posters were saying "okay, enough."

@orange_crush

Easy there, muscles—you’re gonna get people all riled up with that type of talk!

Along those lines, nothing could top one of my favorite philly.com moments in which a member stated that, if he got a hold of it, he would throw Chris Kunitz’s newborn baby on the Wachovia Center ice during one of the Flyers/Pens playoff games.

Even though the poster clearly wasn’t serious, it sparked a ton of responses of the it’s-not-cool-to-talk-about-throwing-people’s-babies-on-the-ice nature.

Ah, good times…

I remember that post...maybe Refguins will reappear..

@canoli

The poster’s comment was so ridiculously over the top—something like, “*$@#$%! that baby! I’d throw it on the ice!”

What cracked me up was the fact that it inspired an avalanche of condescending responses (e.g., “Until you’re a parent, you can never understand how horrible it would be to have your child thrown on the ice”).

It still makes me laugh when I think about it.

oh god yeah, the sanctimonious b.s. really started flowing after a few "ah screw Kunitz's short-bus kid, chuck em on the ice and skate over his neck!" comments. !! funny stuff, i'm cracking up now as I think about it.

My Two Cents Worth:

1. While I applaud Harry's effort there is NO WAY he should have been the guy.

He wasn't playing in the last game. There is no message sent when your hoping your face breaks the other guy's hand. That should have been the job of ANY Flyer who played in the game and not even a goon. If Hartnell or Simmonds went after him that is fair as they are similar in size and type of game

2. Shelley is worthless

He has no intimidation factor and I will call it as I see it, he was scared by Big Mac, I thought the Flyers should have went after John Scott in the offseason. He is huge 6'8, plays defense so he would be perfect in the 7th defenseman role. He is also one of if not the most feared fighter in the league. He is someone who could have taken Big Mac and even been around to be a thorn in Chara's side should we play them. Instead the Rangers acquired him at the deadline.

Case in point there was a big hit against a Pen in a Rangers game and you could see the Pens "rush" to their teammates aid by pushing Scott but not one of them was going to go with him. That is an enforcer and what you need him to do.

3. I also blame the Flyers organization as well.

As soon as they saw the Pens called up one of the biggest goons in any league the Flyers should have responded in part by calling up Mathers, Oliver Lauridssen, Klotz in kind. The Flyers knew the game could get out of hand and that the league would probably penalize the Flyers more for anything anyway so why not fight fire with fire.

I cannot stand that team. I hate the organization.

* I dislike Mario from his diving days when the "Mario Rule aka the diving unsportsmanlike penalty was created particularly for him.

* I have no respect for the way Crosby plays the game.

* I hate the obvious bias the league shows towards Crosby and Malkin and the disparity in fines and penalties.

* I am pissed that our most physical defenseman was taken out with a cheap knee on knee hit by a Pen and there was no fine, penalty or suspension.

* I am pissed that our best playoff performer is out with an injury that never should have happened because "tough guy" Bylsma put out goons in the last minute of a lost game.

* I am ticked to see Crosby and Malkin both give stick work and slash and whack and not be penalized

* Most of all I am pissed that because the Pens sucked for 5 or 6 years and they were lucky to get 10k fans to a game and won lottery picks but were still going to move if they didn't get a new arena that MY TAX MONEY is helping to pay for their arena.

To me this series should reference the old Flyers logic and that is "If you can't beat em. Beat em". If losing game one, put the fourth line out in the last minute and head hunt. Punish Crosby and Malkin cleanly every time they are on the ice,

OK, now my blood pressure is soaring. I just want to win this series and physically dominate the Pens. I hate this team so much I could accept losing the next round if we beat these whining, spolied, entitled, double standard Penguins.

Damn, pas me the Tylenol

• Like 1

My Two Cents Worth:

1. While I applaud Harry's effort there is NO WAY he should have been the guy.

He wasn't playing in the last game. There is no message sent when your hoping your face breaks the other guy's hand. That should have been the job of ANY Flyer who played in the game and not even a goon. If Hartnell or Simmonds went after him that is fair as they are similar in size and type of game

2. Shelley is worthless

He has no intimidation factor and I will call it as I see it, he was scared by Big Mac, I thought the Flyers should have went after John Scott in the offseason. He is huge 6'8, plays defense so he would be perfect in the 7th defenseman role. He is also one of if not the most feared fighter in the league. He is someone who could have taken Big Mac and even been around to be a thorn in Chara's side should we play them. Instead the Rangers acquired him at the deadline.

Case in point there was a big hit against a Pen in a Rangers game and you could see the Pens "rush" to their teammates aid by pushing Scott but not one of them was going to go with him. That is an enforcer and what you need him to do.

3. I also blame the Flyers organization as well.

As soon as they saw the Pens called up one of the biggest goons in any league the Flyers should have responded in part by calling up Mathers, Oliver Lauridssen, Klotz in kind. The Flyers knew the game could get out of hand and that the league would probably penalize the Flyers more for anything anyway so why not fight fire with fire.

I cannot stand that team. I hate the organization.

* I dislike Mario from his diving days when the "Mario Rule aka the diving unsportsmanlike penalty was created particularly for him.

* I have no respect for the way Crosby plays the game.

* I hate the obvious bias the league shows towards Crosby and Malkin and the disparity in fines and penalties.

* I am pissed that our most physical defenseman was taken out with a cheap knee on knee hit by a Pen and there was no fine, penalty or suspension.

* I am pissed that our best playoff performer is out with an injury that never should have happened because "tough guy" Bylsma put out goons in the last minute of a lost game.

* I am ticked to see Crosby and Malkin both give stick work and slash and whack and not be penalized

* Most of all I am pissed that because the Pens sucked for 5 or 6 years and they were lucky to get 10k fans to a game and won lottery picks but were still going to move if they didn't get a new arena that MY TAX MONEY is helping to pay for their arena.

To me this series should reference the old Flyers logic and that is "If you can't beat em. Beat em". If losing game one, put the fourth line out in the last minute and head hunt. Punish Crosby and Malkin cleanly every time they are on the ice,

OK, now my blood pressure is soaring. I just want to win this series and physically dominate the Pens. I hate this team so much I could accept losing the next round if we beat these whining, spolied, entitled, double standard Penguins.

Damn, pas me the Tylenol

Great post..game was pointless anyway why not have a goon fest like you said..

@canoli

The poster’s comment was so ridiculously over the top—something like, “*$@#$%! that baby! I’d throw it on the ice!”

What cracked me up was the fact that it inspired an avalanche of condescending responses (e.g., “Until you’re a parent, you can never understand how horrible it would be to have your child thrown on the ice”).

It still makes me laugh when I think about it.

had to be kuato who started that. guy had absolutely zero sense of humor.