Playoff ticket question

Guest Phillygrump

Last year for Game 1 I got tickets to the game on StubHub the day before and they had dropped in price. My question is do you think that was a one time occurance or is this the norm for playoff tickets on StubHub? I am looking for 4 lower level seats for game 4.

Thoughts? Should I just get them now or do you think if I wait it out they might drop a little?

how much are they now on stubhub? (sorry, too lazy to look)

If it were me I'd buy them ASAP, just because I like knowing I got seats. If you don't care too much about missing the game (in person of course!) then I'd wait. The price is sure to drop in the next few days I guess.

@Phillygrump

If you're close to the arena and you have the stomach to wait to the last minute, there's ususlly a good drop running up to game time. There's a pick up window at the Holiday Inn on Packer Ave.

But situation matters alot too....if the Flyers lose the first two in Pitt, prices will drop. If they win the first two, prices will go through the roof. Simple supply and demand. I've found that with StubHub, alot varies as to who the seller is. You can find a pair of tickets for $X and another pair of tix in the same area for 2 times $X on the same screen. If it were me, I'd try to snag a bargain early (now), and if there don't seem to be then check back later....but check frequently too, alot changes really quickly on StubHub

that's a good point, about being close to the arena. I live a few minutes away from MSG and I've gotten into Rags' PO games for $10-$20 a bunch of times. Wait till the game starts and whoever is left holding tickets will take pretty much anything you offer.

But as Sars said it's all about supply and demand.

The best I see on StubHub right now for Game 4 downstairs is $135 (plus the 10% service fee) section 121 row 22 or 25. Not a bad seat it's on the corner, but at the end where the Pens will shoot 2X....or where the Flyers will score the game winner in OT :D There are more game 4 "bargains" out there

A side note we've been off and on as STH in the last couple years after a 30+ year run. We didn't have them the year of the great comeback vs Boston. After the Flyers went down 0-3 in that series, I picked up a pair on StubHub for Game 4, downstairs near center ice for $75 apiece. I bought game 6 then too ($ is refunded if game not played) for around the same price. After the Flyers won game 5 in Boston, lowest piriced seats in the same area for game 6 were listed on StubHub for $250.....timing is everything. I did the same thing for game 6 of the final that year too, but now we're talking I only paid an arm and leg by buying after the Flyers 0-2, as opposed to losing a ******** and my first born too by waiting....

Oh come on now...... T E S T I C L E, the ******** was T E S T I C L E

Edited by sarsippius