. . .and now JR chimes in about the Pens!

Guest AndyS

Penguins are "untouchable." "They are going to whine." Link: Here

"Pittsburgh's untouchable. Let's get that straight. If you say something bad about them, they're going to complain, they're going to whine, they're going to revolt against you. The fans are going to *****-slap you all over Twitter. They're gonna attack you. God help anybody if you're gonna say anything negative about the Pittsburgh Penguins. They're like the almighty.

"They're a phenomenal team. I love watching their team. I love watching Malkin and Crosby and all them. But you can't say anything bad about them and not get backlash, complaining from those camps. I wish they'd just go and play and we can all have fun watching them. They have the best chance to win the Cup.

"I wouldn't have apologized. I don't know if I would have said exactly what Mike Milbury said, but he did and he had to apologize. I don't know if I could, if I believed it. That's just me. But Mike does things his way.

"I don't understand why John Tortorella [got] fined. That's his opinion. I can't stand in the National Hockey League how they can just throw fines when they want when they don't like when something is said. I thought it was freedom of speech in the United State. You can say what you want. And I think the players should be able to speak their minds, too. It's too much of a dictatorship from that aspect, where the National Hockey League tries to control too much."

Edited by AndyS

sigh... Freedom of Speech means that THE GOVERNMENT can't restrict your right to speech.

YOUR EMPLOYER can stipulate as part of your contract that you can't say certain things and fine you for breach of that contract.

Tortorella was publicly flaming the league. I'd bet he was happy to spend that money on the fine. As happy as one can be, anyway. I'd imagine Lavvy didn't mind the fine he got for the Pittsburgh incident either.

JR is otherwise exactly right. If you say something bad about the Pens, they will whine; their fans will whine; their media will whine. Then they'll complain that people say that they complain all the time.

This is gonna be a heluva series.

"I don't understand why John Tortorella [got] fined. That's his opinion. I can't stand in the National Hockey League how they can just throw fines when they want when they don't like when something is said. I thought it was freedom of speech in the United State.

I thought the NHL main Office was in Toronto just like the center of the universe................but after further checking the actual address is:

1251 Avenue of the Americas

47th Floor

New York, NY 10020

No wonder they are getting so high and mighty.......

Tortorella was publicly flaming the league.

Except that Torts didn't say anything bad about the league. He complained about the Penguins being dirty and gutless and whining. About the NHL he said, I believe, "I'm curious to see what they do about it." Let's get this straight, the NHL fined Torts for complaining about the Penguins.

Though you're sort of right; to complain about the Pens is to bash the National Pittsburgh Hockey League.

• Like 1

I think it is obvious the bias the league has the Pens. After the incidents in the last week of the season, how can anyone question it?

Lavy goes justifiably nuts for Bylsma (who was a real tough guy when he played lol) put out goons in the last minute. Bettman has made it his agenda to end the message sending and stuff like that at the end of the game. What happens? Lavy gets fined. The Flyers lost their most physical defenseman in Grossman and one of their proven playoff performers in one game in questionable cirmcumstances and Lavy gets fined.

Then there is another knee on knee hit by the Pens in the Rangers game. Torts calls it like it is and how the rest of the league sees it and he is fined.

I am still waiting for a Pens suspension for a knee on knee hit or a fine. In fact I am still waiting to see the Bylsma fine.

Finally after the Pens were back in the finals against the Wings and the Wings winning game 2. Malkin clearly instigatges a fight which would warrant an automatic one game suspension. ANY other player or team in the league would have been suspended for game 3. But not in this case. The Gary Penguins could not risk losing their superstar and risk going down in the series 3 - 0.

I hate sounding like a Penguins fan, coach or executive in the organization but that is how I see it.

Honestly, I think the Flyers would have been better off losing to Buffalo at the end of the year and we would be preparing for the Florida Panthers and the Pens could deal with the red hot Devils. I just think the odds are stacked against us in this series.

Penguins are "untouchable." "They are going to whine." Link: Here

If the Pens win, the flyer (FANS, Not all of them) will say it was the refs fault, a bad bounce, a bad goal, a lucky goal.... If the flyers Win, they were the better team, they were quicker, they are more talented, better coaching...blah, blah blah. Since filly dropped five spots from last year it certainly is NOT them, or their heart, the coaching, them playing a full 60 minutes when it counts, OR not taking aNOTHER bonehead penalty...or picking a fight at the wrong time(couple years back...that was CLASSIC). Yup...pas the buck it's playoff time in philly.

Since filly dropped five spots from last year it certainly is NOT them, or their heart, the coaching, them playing a full 60 minutes when it counts, OR not taking aNOTHER bonehead penalty...or picking a fight at the wrong time(couple years back...that was CLASSIC). Yup...pas the buck it's playoff time in philly.

"Dropped five spots"? Really?

They were first in the Atlantic last year. They were third this year. That's dropping two spots.

They were second in the Conference last year. They were fifth this year. That's dropping three spots.

Sure, if you ADD them up you get that they dropped five. But that's not how it works.

They were also second in the Conference last year in points. And third this year.

None of that has any relation to "dropping five spots" - when you make stupid assertions that are easily disproven it calls into question the rest of your "argument." Which, honestly, wasn't very good to begin with.

Also, too, I hope you have a nice cheese to go with that whine.

@radoran

I was using all my will power to not go back at that fellow.

My thought was he'd get bored with talking hockey and go to the philly.com site to stir up some stuff...

so thanks for breaking the seal, i guess it is on now.

Edited by mojo1917

@mojo1917

Typical coward **** stirrer, make an inflammatory post and run. He won't be back unless the Flyers lose tonight.

@Skatebyu66

There's actually a Pens fans here (@B21) who isn't a total d o u c h e.....I know right, I couldn't believe it either, a non-d o u che Pens fan, it's like Ripley's believe it or not over here!

Anyone remember the Pens fan who murdered his wife, set the house on fire after she ragged on him-he was unemployed and up late watching the 3 ot game they lost to the Sens a couple of years ago

THAT was the ultimate Pens fan description, an unemployed likely Iron City swilling pig in his barcolounger murdering his wife after a pens loss, and I think blaming the fire on a pet or the wind. Good job all yinz Einsteins out there

Hope you choke on your Permantis sandwich when the fries get caught in your throat along with the bread & slaw.

I gained alot of respect for Torts after that rant...... without realizing it, he may have thrown a bone to the Flyers in this series

by bringing it out in the bright sun for everyone to see a week after the melee w/ the Flyers brought...... instead of the big, bad FLyers

causing trouble w/ the supestar Pens --- this was a coach for the largest media outlet in the Country..... so, we may get an extra call or

two we wouldnt have before without these incidents.

• Like 1

It's Primanti's and they're fing delicious. the only thing better are the quaker steak and lube wings they sell at the sporting facilities....

Never had Primanti's but I heard its great. Is it a certain sandwich or do they make a bunch of different ones that are good?

If the Pens win, the flyer (FANS, Not all of them) will say it was the refs fault, a bad bounce, a bad goal, a lucky goal.... If the flyers Win, they were the better team, they were quicker, they are more talented, better coaching...blah, blah blah. Since filly dropped five spots from last year it certainly is NOT them, or their heart, the coaching, them playing a full 60 minutes when it counts, OR not taking aNOTHER bonehead penalty...or picking a fight at the wrong time(couple years back...that was CLASSIC). Yup...pas the buck it's playoff time in philly.

I'm just curious. What was it?

The refs fault?

A bad bounce?

A bad goal?

A lucky goal?

Let us know. Please.