Jeremy Roenick had this reaction to Pens fans and their Tweets to him --

Guest Irishjim

“A lot of Penguins fans today on Twitter, telling me I don’t know my *** from my elbow. They’re kind of crazy. I wonder how many games they played in the National Hockey League. But, I guess they know better than I do.”

“I only broke my jaw, and broke my nose, and broke all my fingers, and broke my ankle and broke my toes. Yeah, I didn’t win a Cup, but I still battled in it, though. But I guess they can tell me what I don’t know and what I do now. It’s amazing... it’s amazing. It’s amazing to me. It’s also amazing to say what a loser I am, you know. I just played 27 holes at Donald Trump’s golf course. Had a great time today, getting ready for the best time of the year, playoffs. And these people are tweeting me, probably from their rock breaking jobs or toilet bowl cleaning jobs, telling me what I don’t know and what I do know. It’s amazing to me. It’s amazing to me. It’s amazing.”

“Isn’t it amazing? I don’t have a life and I’m such a loser, but I can still go out and play golf in 55 degree weather.”

“Didn’t you know, you can’t do that. You can’t say anything bad about the Penguins or Sidney Crosby or Malkin or anybody. You’ve got to be very, very quite. You’ve got to make sure you respect them.”

“They’re probably the best players in the league. I’ll take Malkin over Crosby seven days a week. But if you offered me Giroux? I’ll take a Giroux, or a Hartnell.”

_________

I love that man.

That last statement is pretty bold. Kind of surprised he takes Malkin over Crosby, but Giroux or HARTNELL over both? Sounds like Roenick is jumping on the anti-Pens train with everyone else.

and why not? they are a vile fan base. by and large a know-nothing group of low-life's who flock to and fro based on winning %'s.

and why not? they are a vile fan base. by and large a know-nothing group of low-life's who flock to and fro based on winning %'s.

Hey all the power to him to hate the Pens. I just don't know that from a skill perspective I take Hartnell over Crosby and Malkin. Giroux isn't quite as good as both of them yet either but I think I'd take Giroux because of his attitude and his immense skill level that should only get better.

That last statement is pretty bold. Kind of surprised he takes Malkin over Crosby, but Giroux or HARTNELL over both? Sounds like Roenick is jumping on the anti-Pens train with everyone else.

it's definitely the flavor of the week, though I'm cool with it.

I wonder if JR thinks all of this is "amazing"

Roenick is just pushing buttons of some butthurt Pens fans.

Wow, very bold words. Glad to see all these high-profile people calling out the league for their Pens bias. Milbury, Laviolette, Berube, JR, Cherry, Tortorella.

I wonder if Don Cherry will have anything to say about Campbell's public flogging of a linesman for a blown call in a game where there was at least one other blown call the other way.

JR's is a super primma donna, always has been. He was a damn good hockey player and he loves the game as much as anyone. But sometimes he sounds like a little girl, the way he did here.

Apparently "it's amazing." Exactly what is so amazing I'm not sure; that some people on twitter had the nerve to make fun of him or disagree with him. Maybe "it's amazing" that he can play golf in 55-degree weather. At Trump's, he'll have you know. See what I mean? He's responding to some dopes on twitter and 95% of it is telling us all how great he is and how worthless everyone else is.

JR is what they call an egomaniac with an inferiority complex. !~!

• Like 1

If you look around on any board, anywhere, you find a lot of Pens hate and a lot of people rooting for the Flyers because they hate the Pens even more. That is some serious hate 'cause you know how they feel about us.

@Irishjim

Yeah, I would not have slammed blue collar jobs like that. There's nothing wrong with rock breaking and toilet cleaning.

Otherwise his latter comments were great.

I agree with this. Great, he bashes the Pens but then makes himself look like a snooty rich guy who's out of touch with 99% of the rest of the world.

If you look around on any board, anywhere, you find a lot of Pens hate and a lot of people rooting for the Flyers because they hate the Pens even more.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. Some of the Pens players have brought it on themselves and the league treating such punks as special darlings has chapped a lot of hockey fans a$$es around North America.

"Yeah, I would not have slammed blue collar jobs like that. There's nothing wrong with rock breaking and toilet cleaning."

Thank GOD someone picked up on this!!!!

NOTHIHNG WRONG WITH IT?!! I sure enjoy, and more IMPORTANTLY APPRECIATE.....let me say that again.....APPRECIATE a clean toliet when I go to a public restroom. Yeah....kinda lost a TON of respect for JR after reading that quote. What a truly IGNORANT comment that speaks VOLUMES for what is wrong with our country and society as a whole. I may not want to break rocks or clean toliets for a living but I'm sure glad someone is doing it and I certianly have enough respect and humility to realize that without such "blue-collar" services, we'd all be in a world of trouble!!

The Flyers, and more importantly the NHL, does not need that kind of publicity.....I'll be surprised and GREATLY dissapointed if the League does not require him to make a public appolgy (where and when were these comments made?....) to every person who has ever cleaned "*** splatter" from the back of a toliet bowl!!!!!!

True ******-Baggery right there JR.......JEEZ!