You have got to be frickin kidding me with this...

Guest Bakanekimiwa

you know 4-5 phantom make up calls are gonna happen friday. flyers will have to pot 6 goals to get out with a win

why the h e l l does he need to speak up in the first place? and yeah... why now? exactly... to influence further calls. this is total BS. i've never heard him pipe up on *any* other missed call... like ever.

Weeelllllll, that was a badly blown call, but the Flyers got f'd on every other call for the rest of the game. I wouldn't even call it an even up call because the scales were tipped horribly in the Pens favour. There were 2 boarding calls (at least) that were far worse than Giroux's that weren't called against the pens. The icing calls in the 1st were consistently brutal.

The refs will one day get wise to the Penguins diving team like they did to the Canucks.

Weeelllllll, that was a badly blown call, but the Flyers got f'd on every other call for the rest of the game. I wouldn't even call it an even up call because the scales were tipped horribly in the Pens favour. There were 2 boarding calls (at least) that were far worse than Giroux's that weren't called against the pens. The icing calls in the 1st were consistently brutal.

The refs will one day get wise to the Penguins diving team like they did to the Canucks.

yet campbell didn't see fit to comment about any other bad call that happens every single game in this league. that's why i'm calling BS.

first thing i thought of when i saw this was brought up in the comments. the NHL sees fitto make a statement about this and only this.

an entire crew of officials missed a F**** guy stopping an odd man rush by playing the puck with his stick from the bench, but colin did not see fit to make a statement???

unless i missed it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392947

wow... lending even more credence to the league's pitt bias. unreal. where has colin ever been on every single other bad call in the history of the game? including the missed icing call that led to pitt's 3rd goal?

it's amazing how obvious the NHL makes it who there pulling for... another side note the reason the refs didn't call many penalties last night was because statistics show the Pens are a better 5 on 5 team then special teams..and the Flyers are reversed..therefore don't expect to many penalties this series..

first thing i thought of when i saw this was brought up in the comments. the NHL sees fitto make a statement about this and only this.

an entire crew of officials missed a F**** guy stopping an odd man rush by playing the puck with his stick from the bench, but colin did not see fit to make a statement???

unless i missed it.

Let's calm down.

1) It wasn't a statement. The article says "in an interview with...". Seems like he was asked about it an answered. Over the top for sure but not an official statement.

2) The Pens weren't upset about it as he alleges...I can't find anything where they publicly complain. Bylsma is even quoted as saying "that's not why we lost the game."

Not going to get into a p i s s i n g match over this one but a little clarification was needed.

Carry on.

@B21

I agree the Pens are taking the heat for the loss on themselves and nobody else, and that's the way it should be. It was only 3-1 at that point, and their 3rd goal was every bit as controversial.

. But Campbell is about as biased as any so called professional has ever been.

• Like 1

@flyercanuck

<< I agree the Pens are taking the heat for the loss on themselves and nobody else, and that's the way it should be. It was only 3-1 at that point, and their 3rd goal was every bit as controversial. >>

<< But Campbell is about as biased as any so called professional has ever been. >>

Agree on Campbell 100%...though not biased "only" for the Pens. Disagree on that 3rd goal being "every bit" as controversial. The offsides was pretty bad...not talking a few inches here. It was about 2'. I've seen icing waived off when a player's stick (Dupuis in this case) is "that" close. You needed the replay to see it. No replay needed for the offsides...and my vision ain't 20/20.

@B21

4-3..........nuff said. ;)

Careful. 7-game series. B)

You can't keep going down 3-0 and expect to come back every time, right? Right? RIGHT?

I can see the on-ice conversations in Game 2 already.

"You score first."

"No really, you score first."

"No no no...you score first!"

"Really - I insist. You are the visitor. Please score first."

"It's your building - you score first. Please - don't embarrass me."

Fair enough, though one goal resulted in a 3-0 lead at the end of a period (usually a final nail so to speak) in what sure looked like an icing to me. The other was more obvious I guess, But the Pens goal seemed every bit as bs to us Flyer fans I'd bet as Brieres did to you.

I also thought the refs did a fine job calling the game penalty-wise, except for the Giroux and Rinaldo calls. Both embellishments in a game that was left to be played out otherwise.

• Like 1

@B21

I don't think there is anyone on this board that thinks this series is going to be anything less than a slobberknocker. I agree big time with flyercanucks remarks. I just hope this is not Campbell's signal to the refs to start increasing the amount of calls. Last night's game was a hit fest for both teams for 3 periods. Aside from the 2 weak calls on "Bruiser " Giroux and Zac"I am gonna get called" Rinaldo. Those even through your goggles should be seen as weak.....

unless i missed it.

Um, exactly.

And the Flyers got ONE power play in that entire game???

I just hope this is not Campbell's signal to the refs to start increasing the amount of calls. Last night's game was a hit fest for both teams for 3 periods. Aside from the 2 weak calls on "Bruiser " Giroux and Zac"I am gonna get called" Rinaldo.

I'll tell you what signal to look for that is a guarantee for more: When Gary Bettman is in the audience for your game, watch the penalty count rise...it's like magic!

Exhibit A: Wings-Preds Game 1

Abracadabra! 17 penalties for the 2 least-penalized teams in the league.

Watch for that signal! It's coming to an arena near you!

I'll tell you what signal to look for that is a guarantee for more: When Gary Bettman is in the audience for your game, watch the penalty count rise...it's like magic!

Exhibit A: Wings-Preds Game 1

Abracadabra! 17 penalties for the 2 least-penalized teams in the league.

Watch for that signal! It's coming to an arena near you!

that is a guarantee. happens every time he's at a flyers game.

Good god... Not a word about the blown icing call that lead to a Penguins goal...

Nothing like Buttman's NHL to blow this out of proportion....5 words for Pens fans / Buttman / and the rest of the NHL........

GET THE F UCK OVER IT!!!!!!!!