Fleury

Guest orange_crush

We all worried about Bryz having meltdowns and falling apart.. but anyone who has watched Fleury over the years knows he's the same kind of goalie..

he either plays great and falls apart...with that said maybe we catch Fleury in this series off his game..

keep crashing the net boys..

Problem for us is he usually plays great a game after he falls apart, not that he necessarily did yesterday. But he and Bryz seemed to swap roles from beginning to end. Not of nothing, Remember when Marty Biron shut out this Pittsburgh team at home in an elimination game? Right. What Fluery did in g6 kinda what Bryzo did yesterday. so early...

The only goal I really fault Bryz for last night was the one that he knocked into his own goal.....Crosby's off the tip of his stick and top shelf while falling backwards to the ice was lucky,right place and rare fumble with the puck by Grossmann but still a lucky/fluky goal. the 2nd one that was spinning like a top and knuckling and then deflected in from about 10 feet out was an amazing tip Kennedy or Dupuis...can't remember which...

I hope Fluery is saying to himself, What the hell do I have to do to stop these guys?!?!? I doubt that is what is running through his mind but I can hope......

• Like 1

there's 20 plus goalies in this league who could win a cup and they are always instrumental in winning it. fleury has sh it the bed many a nights.

How many of them have won it?

Fleury has had bad games, sure, no doubt. But he played great in their cup run. That's all I said.

Fleury's game one was a microcosm of his entire career in my opinion. He can play lights out (some insane saves in there), and he can look infuriatingly average (why Philly won). Traffic and shots on net will get it done.

I thought Fleury committed some robberies last game and played pretty well. That OT goal looked like it was on Letang and Staal.

I'm not saying Fleury is a bad goalie..like canuck pointed out he's a cup champion...my whole point was simply he has a tendancy to get cold..maybe we get lucky this series..he was cold at the end of the regular season also..

Fleury looked pretty average last night. So did Bryz. Neither goalie is going to beat a Bruins or Rangers team. The good thing is, we know (or hope) Bryzgalov can play better. That glove save was absolute robbery. But Kennedys weak backhander could have been a backbreaker on a less resilient team. At least bryz knows this team won't give up on him.

Bryz's glove save was his ONLY inspiring save this series. Fleury had been making tons of those saves, more in game one though. It does seem like the Flyers need to set up the perfect play to burn Fleury, while *anything* might go in on Bryz.

Good thing the Flyers are blocking shots...

At least bryz knows this team won't give up on him.

I think this is something that should give Bryz some confidence and I think that some of the saves (glove robbery on Putang) Bryz has made can give the Flyers some confidence. Both can say "Ok, we don't have to be perfect. We just have to keep fighting."

Bryz's glove save was his ONLY inspiring save this series. Fleury had been making tons of those saves, more in game one though. It does seem like the Flyers need to set up the perfect play to burn Fleury, while *anything* might go in on Bryz.

Good thing the Flyers are blocking shots...

fleury couldve had both giroux goals and maybe jagr's. bryz shouldve had kennedy's and imo martin's. reality is there is a ton of offensive talent on both teams and not enough defensive talent to keep up with it. flyers just come in waves and pitt has 2 forwards who can control a shift their other guys just benefit from it.

@Phillygrump

Based on what? A single month of good play this season? Recent post-season domination?

Not trying to make this personal mind you, but I am seriously concerned that the goalie again may waste what I see as a pretty good team's chance at history. I kind of hate Bryz based on performance.

@Phillygrump

Yes Bryz did play better as the game went on. If he continued his 1st period game into the 2nd and 3rd we may have seen Bob in net already. Again, I'm not putting all the goals on Bryz. But he wasn't brought in to be average, which is all he's been. I'm hoping he's got a lot better hockey in front of him.

@Phillygrump

Yes Bryz did play better as the game went on. If he continued his 1st period game into the 2nd and 3rd we may have seen Bob in net already. Again, I'm not putting all the goals on Bryz. But he wasn't brought in to be average, which is all he's been. I'm hoping he's got a lot better hockey in front of him.

ive seen much "lesser" goalies steal games in the playoffs already. its why i didnt want to spend a fortune on a goalie. majority of nhl starting quality goalies can win you a cup with the right team if they're on. just dont have trash in net. this team was resilient as h ell last year too. fr iggin holtby has given the caps every opportunity to be up 2-0 in that series. best goalie in the playoffs thus far imo.

I guess I'm just saying we can't jump all over Bryz yet because he hasn't had to be perfect yet. He hasn't let the team down. Lets see if he can tighten it up down the stretch. I think he can. He's done it before for a month. Thats all we need from him again.