LeTang

Guest flyerman

I saw last night that the pens came out hitting anything that moved. They start going after G, Briere, and Grossman (probably because he has a bumb knee) because they are the playmakers and a defenseman that I think can shut down the porch area.If we constatly bang Letang into the boards everytime he touches the puck he will become more skiddish with the puck, since he just came back from concushion syptoms. If we get him off his game, we have a strong grip in this series. He is the leader on the defense and on the p.p. What do you think

@flyerman

agree.

In the first portion of the game the Flyers were trying to carry the puck across the neutral zone. Pittsburgh was making plays not allowing the Flyers to get the puck in deep into the zone. Once the Flyers started to dump and chase they were getting behind their d-men, Letang included. The Flyers were able to hit and tire out the defense. Letang was on the ice for all three Flyer goals.

I think they should finish their checks every single time, no matter who has the puck.

This, all day, every day.

Letang does get skittish the more he gets hit. He seems to really hate receiving hits. If Pitt* can yell from the bench to hit Grossman, I see no reason not to return the favor. If the Pens* go down Letang, they're toast.

• Like 1

Letang does get skittish the more he gets hit.

pretty much him and everyone else too - but I know what you mean.

As "The Fog" wrote it on his famous blackboard, "Take the shortest route to the puck carrier and arrive in ill humor."

Edited by canoli

I saw last night that the pens came out hitting anything that moved. They start going after G, Briere, and Grossman (probably because he has a bumb knee) because they are the playmakers and a defenseman that I think can shut down the porch area.If we constatly bang Letang into the boards everytime he touches the puck he will become more skiddish with the puck, since he just came back from concushion syptoms. If we get him off his game, we have a strong grip in this series. He is the leader on the defense and on the p.p. What do you think

Worth noting that while we are worrying about the quality of our defense, the Pens are relying even more heavily than we are on their top 4. That's a function of Niskanen being out but still, they are in the same boat as we are for now. Beating on those 4 is good idea.

Also, we could really benefit from having Bourdon/Mezsaros playing 5/6.

I know Briere's goal was the "turning point" and while I agree, I thought the game started to take a turn and Pittsburgh allowed a window to open once the Flyers started finishing their checks. Once the hitting picked up on their side the play evened out.

And yes. They are targeting Grossmann and Giroux. We should be targeting Putang.