Couter appreciation thread

Guest JackStraw

Did a great job (again) against Malkin, if he can keep that up then I feel very good about the Flyers chances. As good as Crosby is, Malkin is the one guy that can really take over a game for the Pens. If Couter can at least keep him under control, the Flyers will be looking good.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120413_Rich_Hofmann__Flyers_rookie_Couturier_has_a_big_job_against_Penguins__Malkin.html

• Like 1

mature beyond his years, and I can't wait until he gets the opportunity to let his offensive game shine, back to back 90+ pt seasons in the Q... tells me there's some skill beyond the responsible two way play.

Give him some skilled linemates and he'll put up points. But at 19, he's fine working on becoming one of the premier defensive forwards in the world. A heck of a building block for this franchise.

He seems to have some real leadership qualities too. I'm starting to think he could be our Jonathan Toews.

• Like 1

@JackStraw

I thought you were just yankin' my chain from the Ian Slater thread. Couturier could very well become that level of talent. I wouldn't wish the Flyer captaincy on him though.

Not that I wouldn't welcome the opportunity, but I haven't been following that thread so there you have it.

Did a great job (again) against Malkin, if he can keep that up then I feel very good about the Flyers chances. As good as Crosby is, Malkin is the one guy that can really take over a game for the Pens. If Couter can at least keep him under control, the Flyers will be looking good.

http://www.philly.co...ns__Malkin.html

yeah it's almost impossible to say anything negative about Courtier.. he might actually become better than Jordon Staal as we projected..

Hope that Cooter keeps on getting in Malkin's head & under his skin.

Could easily be the difference in this series.

I read somewhere that Malkin hasn't gone 2 consecutive games this year without a point... I also read the Pens have won their last 4 PO series where they lost the first game. But the FLYERS are the team who crushed their 11-game winning streak last month. And the FLYERS beat the Pens in every game that mattered at their new Igloo ever since it opened! Ha!

The Pens have some handsome accomplishments this year, and Malkin had an great season. But just when you think they're unstoppable... the FLYERS have the answer!