Looking for comments on return of JVR & Mez

Guest BobDailey

Rinaldo would sit. Not having a good series so far. But I wouldn't expect him back this series if Philly has a strangle hold on this series. Mezzy maybe if there is a gm 7 he would go. I would look for him to start round two if they make it. I think the most interesting question though is what happens when sestito is ready. Rangers and bruins I gotta think he plays.

JVR for Rinaldo is a no brainer....not that I dislike Rinaldo but he is neutered for the playoffs. As soon as a ref hears a board rattling crunch, the other team is on a 5 minute pp and Rinaldo is done for the day. Mez > Lilja if he goes on the ice with a cast on. To his credit, Lilja has been better than Bourdon but still not a guy you can have on the ice more than about 7 minutes a game.

Rinaldo would sit. Not having a good series so far. But I wouldn't expect him back this series if Philly has a strangle hold on this series. Mezzy maybe if there is a gm 7 he would go. I would look for him to start round two if they make it. I think the most interesting question though is what happens when sestito is ready. Rangers and bruins I gotta think he plays.

I think they need some size to offset/upset Boyle somehow and whatever other oversized lugs the rangers have.

Bruins too need pounding back but that has to be a team committment

@flyerrod

That call on Rinaldo was a joke compared to everything else they let go. I'm all for seeing what kind of game JVR is going to bring when he's ready. But if it's his perimeter game, he can watch the playoffs for all I care. If it's his last years postseason game, he can play on any line he wants to.

I still don't understand how Rinaldo gets a reputation like that right away and can do nothing to shed it, but Matt Cooke who was one of the dirtiest players around shed that reputation over an offseason. How does that happen?

• Like 2

Please... NO JVR for Rinaldo! We need to keep up the hitting and he is one of the best at it.. JVR brings more offensive abilities, but start hitting him and he becomes a ghost.

Would not mind having Mez in for Kubina. Grossman must continue to play... he is a beast!

I like Rinaldo, but he played 4:18 last night, had 3 hits, and picked up 2 minutes in penalties. Wednesday was a bit better, with 6:23, but only one hit, and again 2 PIM and a -1. Not exactly sure what he's bringing to the table right now. I don't know that he played after the 10 minute mark in the second either game. JVR will give you yet another guy who can score and will play the entire game.

I'm with the majority of you . I too like Rinaldo. He's a ball of fire but he's targeted. My problem with JVR returning is that the team has a real chemistry going right now. My guess would be to sit Zac and put JVR in his place on the fourth line. He's gonna need time to get back into game shape and fourth line minutes will be fine for him. Besides how many teams could claim a fourth line of Read, JVR, and Wellwood. Yikes. That's four lines that host some serious offensive threat.

JVR was at the team skate yesterday, worked a full practice but he was wearing a "protective shield" over his left skate.

No word on Mez yet.

According to Meltzer's blog of today, Mez has not started skating yet. Doubt we'll see him in this series.