As Great as G2 was ... long way to go in this series ...

Guest canoli

Last night I couldn't believe Tocchet and Morganti were calling the Pens "done" and saying things like "there's no way they can come back now," "the Flyers have this series won" etc.

Some of the statements were obviously not completely serious, but they both said the Flyers are in total control of the series. I can see how some people might think that. But it's not true. The Pens can win 2 in Philly and tie this series, just as "easily" as we stole both in Pittsburgh. Does anyone really believe that's out of the question?

• Like 1

I don't @canoli

I won't feel comfortable with any lead against that team until the handshake line.

I do like our team though, I like how resilient they are and how every night there is a new guy stepping up to make a play.

I've been saying this for a while, we have more good players than them, if our top two lines play theirs even we will win every game, because the drop off on their side skill-wise is substantial... Plus I think our top lines have out played theirs so far...

Bryzgalov has been good enough to win, he has made the Meltzer momentum saves, he's been battling until 0:00. And so far it has been enough. I would love for him to be the next guy to step up, be the guy that rips their heart out and shows it to them, and then runs off with their woman.

Oh yeah, a real stand-on-his-head performance from Bryzgalov on Sunday would do wonders for this team. I'd love to see him get a game where he's the obvious 1st star - whether it's a shut out or not.

I agree with the balance aspect of this Flyers team - there's a healthy amount of everything, on both sides of the ice. The Team D can get stupid at times and that's where Bryzgalov could really help us; instead of letting in the obvious-breakdown goals, MAKE the big save and give the Flyers a chance to take a lead for once...

Last night I couldn't believe Tocchet and Morganti were calling the Pens "done" and saying things like "there's no way they can come back now," "the Flyers have this series won" etc.

Some of the statements were obviously not completely serious, but they both said the Flyers are in total control of the series. I can see how some people might think that. But it's not true. The Pens can win 2 in Philly and tie this series, just as "easily" as we stole both in Pittsburgh. Does anyone really believe that's out of the question?

I too sort of fear the jinx, but I think the Flyers are firmly planted in the Penguins' heads now.

Malkin is going to be having nightmares about Cooter.

I don't know if it's a jinx or just dumb, either way it's dumb (!).

None of us are crazy about these afternoon games - none of the fans but who cares about them? The Flyers can't seem to get it together before 7pm, and even then it takes them 10 minutes to get into the game.

This will sound silly I know, but I look at Sunday like a "must-win" game for ... the Flyers. Not only because the difference between 3-0 and 2-1 is Universe-Big, but also because all the Pens need is 1 win to plant doubt in the Flyers' heads. The Flyers already know they're not good in the afternoon, they already know their home ice hasn't been an advantage. We can really crush the Pens' hopes on Sunday.

@canoli

Its not over until someone wins 4 games.

Still, the Flyers must be at least slightly in the Penguins heads at the way they've won. Scoring on PPs and PKs. I am surprised at the fact that Pittsburgh has looked like the more physical team and at times the faster, more skilled team. But the Flyers keep coming with a ton of scoring depth. They keep fighting back. They keep taking hits to make plays. They play with emotion, but not overly emotional. They need to keep that going.

Game 3 is huge obviously.

I have a friend who is a big Pens fan, on his wall is a tryptic of Photos from the year they won the cup, the first photo is of Crosby lifting the cup, the second photo is of Max Talbot shhing the WF center crowd on the way to the box and the third is of Talbot again shaking hands with Marion Hossa.

I do not want another picture of the Flyers adding to his wall of Penguins lore, this series is far from over, our team needs to play well and we need our goalie to affirm his place as an elite goaltender in the NHL, he doesn't quit fighting , and that's new from the beginning of the year, but I want him to take their heart. Time for Bryz to win us a game.

WTF is with afternoon games anyway? Who the hell came up with this nonsense? I mean it's alright for kids who have to be in bed by 8.

I agree, and not just because historically the flyers have been bad in the afternoon (they've been losing that Black Friday game since I was a kid). 3pm is lousy time to start a hockey game, although that 12:30 start last month was even more heinous.

Agreed..... not over until the handshakes. I love the goals but we need to get these games under control. Fleury is a good goalie but he is not Henrik. We can't pull the go down by 2 or 3 and scrap back to a win routine with him if/when we have to play the Rags.

@sarsippius

I remember a black friday game we won. We beat Carolina 3-2 I believe.

It sticks out as a crappy Thanksgiving otherwise. Wednesday: accidentally hit my girlfriend with my car and subsequently later was pulled over and almost given a DUI. Thursday: busted my shoulder hitting a guy in the morning football game after throwing an interception. Friday: at the Flyers game with my dad and brother. Flyers win. Its all good.

I was a very dumb twenty-something.