Does the NHL suspend Neal and Asham?

Guest Lunatic

Both caught on tape, both guilty. But I vote, umh, maybe Asham, not Neal. Nah. No suspensions.

Does adams get a game for get an instigator in the last 5 min?

Asham gets 1 game.

Neal nothing but gets filled in somehow on wed.

Does adams get a game for get an instigator in the last 5 min?

Asham gets 1 game.

Neal nothing but gets filled in somehow on wed.

that's what i'm thinking, too. asham has to get at least 1. wouldn't be shocked if shanahan takes the opportunity to show how strict he is and give him a couple. that was ugly.

neal, i doubt it. adams, i would assume has to be out next game...but we've seen that ruling get plastic in the past.

Thanks aziz. How will they justify no suspension on that. Couturier was defenseless and Neal left his feet. That is just garbage.

Classless Penguins organization.

If it was just that hit on Couturier I could see (not particularly like, but see) no suspension. But then a few minutes later he goes after Giroux, and that looked more intentional than the hit on Couturier. I think if you're a repeat offender in the same game, you gotta get something.

Thanks aziz. How will they justify no suspension on that. Couturier was defenseless and Neal left his feet. That is just garbage.

yeah...but i can see no suspension for it. it was bad, but it wasn't bad bad.

If it was just that hit on Couturier I could see (not particularly like, but see) no suspension. But then a few minutes later he goes after Giroux, and that looked more intentional than the hit on Couturier. I think if you're a repeat offender in the same game, you gotta get something.

i'd like to see that hit again. somehow, i only caught the tail end of the replay, and just know giroux was wobbly after. didn't see the hit itself, and nothing on youtube that i can find yet.

it will be interesting....the couturier was on the line, suspension-wise...and the outcome of the hit on giroux looked pretty not good. then again, suspending neal for game 4 goes a long way towards being the final nail in the pens' coffin, he's their only guy to really get anything done this series. and we all know how little the league likes to do things that push a playoff series in one direction or another.

we'll see.

@Phillygrump

well, for starters, the head has to be the point of contact. as much as was bad with that hit -namely that couturier didn't have the puck, wasn't looking, and neal jumped into it- it was shoulder to chest. shanahan is going to look at it, but there were no must-suspend elements involved. fine, maybe, but i don't see much beyond that.

as opposed to the asham play, crosschecking schenn in the face and then punching him while he's down. that is across the line.

@aziz

The more i watch it the more i think Neal might (should) get a game. He leaves his feet and point of contact is the head.

What a punk...get the video of the scrum near the end of that shift how quickly he gets on the bench and closes the door. what a p u s s

i'd like to see that hit again. somehow, i only caught the tail end of the replay, and just know giroux was wobbly after. didn't see the hit itself, and nothing on youtube that i can find yet.

it will be interesting....the couturier was on the line, suspension-wise...and the outcome of the hit on giroux looked pretty not good. then again, suspending neal for game 4 goes a long way towards being the final nail in the pens' coffin, he's their only guy to really get anything done this series. and we all know how little the league likes to do things that push a playoff series in one direction or another.

we'll see.

I agree, and the fact that three Penguins players could be legitimately suspended makes me think that someone will get off.

we'll see.

The hit on Giroux...

http://assets.sbnati...lhit_medium.gif

Edited by JackStraw

Both caught on tape, both guilty. But I vote, umh, maybe Asham, not Neal. Nah. No suspensions.

Neal gets 1, Asham gets 3. The rought stuff is going to send the ratings up, but Shanny needs to at least act like he is trying to keep things in check.