Does the NHL suspend Neal and Asham?

Guest Lunatic

@JackStraw

What a great opportunity to make a statement and suspend all 3.

What the hell are you smoking that in your wildest dreams, anyone Penguin even gets suspended? Adams might because he is the Pens equivalent of Shelley and useless as **** on a boar hog.... $2500 fines(because that is the max per CBA) ....that is my guess.....

@JackStraw

hmm. also not really the worst thing ever. i mean, bad, but.... i dunno. i'm still thinking no suspension.

man but does he like leaving his feet, though, huh? he's like richards, but 3 inches taller.

Excellent angle of the hit on Couter, Neal basically launches himself.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=48103041&postcount=345

Edited by JackStraw

No suspensions. Won't happen.

And the lousiest thing that happened was LeTang going after Kimmo. What a little b*tch, pounds on a guy that fights about once a year. I hope we go up about 5 zip and send Rinaldo out to go get suspended.

**** em

• Like 1

No suspensions. Won't happen.

And the lousiest thing that happened was LeTang going after Kimmo. What a little b*tch, pounds on a guy that fights about once a year. I hope we go up about 5 zip and send Rinaldo out to go get suspended.

**** em

hagelin was just suspended 3 games for his elbow in the Rangers/Sens game last night. I am revising my predictions. Neal 1, Adams 1, Asham 4. Take that to the bank.

What the hell are you smoking that in your wildest dreams, anyone Penguin even gets suspended? Adams might because he is the Pens equivalent of Shelley and useless as **** on a boar hog.... $2500 fines(because that is the max per CBA) ....that is my guess.....

I agree that nothing will happen. Maybe a fine and thats it.

Most people figure Asham will get a game or two and he should. What he did was stupid and dangerous. As importantly, he is a 4th liner and no one is tuning into see him. Easy suspension to hand out: he makes an example of someone and no stars sit.

Adams, also a 4th liner, should be a no brainer for the same reason except that he will be the second Pen suspended. The Pens will scream bloody murder and the league might fear looking overly harsh by suspending 2 Pens for stuff that happened in a game. I'm not sure they have any choice though because of the hair pulling and the potential risk of even worse stuff from other players if they start to think they will get away with instigating fights late in games. If they don't suspend it, some may conclude that the league isn't going to enforce thAt rule. The league is kind of in a box so I place the odds at better than 50% that Adams sits a game.

Neal is an interesting case. I don't see him getting suspended because he's James Neal and because he would be the third Pen suspended. However, he probably deserves it as much as Asham. He jumped into Couturier and then skated almost the length of the ice to give G a shot to the head. The entire sequence makes it clear to me that Neal's Intent was to injure. Still, I put his odds of even a fine at 25%.

Thanks aziz. How will they justify no suspension on that. Couturier was defenseless and Neal left his feet. That is just garbage.

Classless Penguins organization.

wow that's pretty much inexcusable. Couturier had dumped the puck - I count 3 seconds - long before Neal ran him. totally unsuspecting, Couturier has to be a little more aware in that situation - the nastiness between the 2 teams, time left in the game, the score etc. - but Neal really should get suspended for that hit I think.

Any word on Couturier?

Edited by canoli

Any word on Couturier?

he missed a couple shifts, but finished the game. i think he's fine.

worse than the time between him touching the puck and the hit is that a penguin had complete posession before the contact. it was definitely a bad play.

as someone else said, if neal doesn't get suspended, he's going into game 4 with a bounty on his head.

Most people figure Asham will get a game or two and he should. What he did was stupid and dangerous. As importantly, he is a 4th liner and no one is tuning into see him. Easy suspension to hand out: he makes an example of someone and no stars sit.

Adams, also a 4th liner, should be a no brainer for the same reason except that he will be the second Pen suspended. The Pens will scream bloody murder and the league might fear looking overly harsh by suspending 2 Pens for stuff that happened in a game. I'm not sure they have any choice though because of the hair pulling and the potential risk of even worse stuff from other players if they start to think they will get away with instigating fights late in games. If they don't suspend it, some may conclude that the league isn't going to enforce thAt rule. The league is kind of in a box so I place the odds at better than 50% that Adams sits a game.

Neal is an interesting case. I don't see him getting suspended because he's James Neal and because he would be the third Pen suspended. However, he probably deserves it as much as Asham. He jumped into Couturier and then skated almost the length of the ice to give G a shot to the head. The entire sequence makes it clear to me that Neal's Intent was to injure. Still, I put his odds of even a fine at 25%.

Neal has been suspended before, for this hit on Derek Dorsett:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=52039

as someone else said, if neal doesn't get suspended, he's going into game 4 with a bounty on his head.

I sure hope so. But I've seen too many times where what's expected by the Flyers doesn't happen, and especially in cases like these. I just now saw his lumberjack routine on Giroux a little later - that may even be worse. Maybe the hit on Couts is a hockey play but the hatchet-job on Giroux was not.

adams got an instigator with less than 5 minutes. supposedly, that's an automatice 1 game suspension.

But Malkin doesn't get suspended in Detroit for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals despite drawing an instigator penalty in the final 19 seconds of a 3-1 loss to Detroit in Game 2. I'd bet money that Adams gets a pass too - if the NHL is going to be consistent with how it assesses penalties (or doesn't) to the Pengiuns. If the League is going to be inconsistent with such penalties, then he should get a game suspension.

given the league's stance on injuries being a factor in suspensions, shouldnt the flyers have just kept g or couts out the rest of the game and said they were 'being evaluated' look at hagelin getting 3 games...simply because alfie is out injured. kind of a ***** move, but so what? the intent is the same, it shouldnt matter the severity of the injury

• Like 1

The league cares much more about who the perpetrator and the victim are than the actual act when handing out discipline. Been this way long before shanahan.

that says it all about how they operate. I just wonder if they think of Neal is in the "gold" club yet or not? Guess we'll find out tomorrow. My guess - because he scores goals = no suspension for Neal.

that says it all about how they operate. I just wonder if they think of Neal is in the "gold" club yet or not? Guess we'll find out tomorrow. My guess - because he scores goals = no suspension for Neal.

Keith Jones just alluded to that at intermission in the FLA/NJ game. He noted that Hagelin gets 3 games because he elbows Alfredsson and the guy from Vancouver only gets 2 and the guy he hit is still out from the injury sustained from the dirty hit.