Crosby cements legend as a Punk

Guest TedZep

There was more, but I figured it would be piling on after those three.

Why can't he just take his a$$ whooping by a man? And it wasn't like it was Rinaldo or Simmonds that were looking to hand it to him (not that either of them are heavyweights.)

All I can say is that as a Canadian who lives in Nova Scotia,I'm embarrassed. What a pathetic display that was. I have zero respect for him anymore.

I hope Schenn knocks him into the next century with a shoulder to his chin. He deserves it. The game doesn't need him.

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 3

I hope Mario, the King of Whiners, is happy with his little apprentice. That entire team has hit a rock bottom today. A total embarrassment to the game and professional sport in general.

I wonder if Mario will threaten to quit the league again. Remember this? http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=6118511

I just watched 1009 ET Crosby's after game remarks on NHL tonight on Direct TV. Alls I can say is wow! I can't even really explain it other than he was mad, seemed like he wanted to cry and said he hates every Flyer... Catch it if you can... (and I still say he wears lip stick)

I wonder if Mario will threaten to quit the league again. Remember this? http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6118511

<<"It was painful to watch the game I love turn into a sideshow like that.">>

Exactly like his team instigated today.

<<"The NHL had a chance to send a clear and strong message that those kinds of actions are unacceptable and embarrassing to the sport. It failed," he said. "We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players. We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated and will be met with meaningful disciplinary action>>

Well Mario, from your lips to Shanny's ears.....

from his post-game interview.....

"I don't have to sit here and explain why I pushed a glove away," Crosby said defiantly. "They're doing a lot of things out there, too. You know what, we don't like each other. Was I going to sit there and pick up his glove for him? What was I supposed to do?"

No one is asking you to do anything you freakin punk...then just skate away. BUT NO..you had to bat it away....you and your frieaking dirty band of Pens got what you deserve...an A$$ beatin.

There's no excuse for what he did today. Absolutely gutless. Knocking Voracek's glove away? Save that stuff for peewee hockey. Maybe he's just living up to his name Sid the Kid. Then he proceeds to go after Timonen, one of the league's most respectable players. Please. Although, Letang did make himself look like an idiot after that fight. Then he hits Giroux after the refs have already broken it up. Not to mention the whole Hartnell incident at the end. I've always hated the Penguins because of the rivalry but always respected them as a well coached and talented team. But there's no excuse for this. That "kid" should not be a captain with those kind of antics. Also, Asham deserves a suspension and probably will get one but I doubt Neal will. He'll get a 10$ fine and a slap on the wrist. I can't even respect the Penguins anymore

Oh and please don't tell me that Neal wasn't head hunting. The dude left his skates to hit Coots...even though Coots did not have the puck. And the hit on Giroux...oh please..you can see his elbow way up. Yeah someone else try to explain to me that the pens are not a dirty team. They were thoroughly embarrassed this afternoon and exposed.

Oh by the way Cindy....Tiger Woods called he wants to know when to book a tee time for you two next weekend.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

Oddly enough, I really think that glove thing was really classless, and totally unwarranted. No, you don't have to put it back on V, but you don't have to act like a 13 year old girl on her period who wants to take her ball and go home because things aren't going her way, princess.

• Like 1

Well Mario, from your lips to Shanny's ears.....

This league doesn't have that kind of integrity. Shanahan, like his predecessor, has zero consistency. It's almost like he is just a puppet....

I always knew he is punk. After these games I don't care if he will get another concussion that will end his career. If used be I thought it’s not good to lose such talent, but after, I think he will end up as Lindros. Remember with all respect to Lindros, but his elbow was always in the face of the opponents, so he paid the price.

I've never really been on the Hate Crosby bandwagon, and I still think he's come a long way from when he first got to the league. But his interview after the game last night shows me that he really does still have some growing up to do. If you haven't watched it, and only read where he said that he doesn't like anybody on the Flyers, hearing his tone of voice when he says it makes a difference imo. He really is putting things on a personal level.

http://sports.yahoo....-025712917.html

It's expected that players will say things like "we just don't like each other" and so on, but when you let it get to you like that... well, that's not what you expect from your captain and team leader.

Edited by JackStraw