Milbury seems to think 3 suspensions are warranted

Guest Phillygrump

Well, at least 2.

One on Neal, and one on Asham.

He also mentioned Adams going after Hartnell.

Its nice to see NBC calling out the Penguins for their dirty thuggery. Neal on Giroux was even worse than the Couturier hit. I just saw the Giroux thing. Cowardly goon stuff.

Drop the hammer Shanny. Grow some balls and drop the freaking hammer on them.

• Like 1

Well, at least 2.

Its nice to see NBC calling out the Penguins for their dirty thuggery. Neal on Giroux was even worse than the Couturier hit. I just saw the Giroux thing. Cowardly goon stuff.

Warrented? Probably. Likely? Probably not.

• Like 1

Milbury is absolutely right. Wow, did I just say that? Where am I? Bizzarroworld?

If Asham isn't suspended then there is no justice in this league and they deserve the bloodbath they will inevitably get on Wednesday. If Downie's clean hit on McAmmond was a 25 game suspension, what do you do when a guy cross checks another player to the throat??

If Adams isn't suspended, then "third man in" doesn't mean jack shite any more.

Neal's just a low down dirty player like the rest of this washed up bunch of losers from Pittsburgh is proving themselves to be.

Well, at least 2.

Neal knew Giroux and Couturier's concussion history so Crosby and Letang's heads are fair game. I don't think Shanahan has the guts to suspend Neal but Asham should get suspended.

• Like 1

I don't want a bloodbath. I just want a win. Let them stew on it for an entire offseason.

I don't want one, either. Which is why the league needs to handle this correctly.

And correctly is suspending three Penguins for deliberate attempts to injure other players.

If they don't do that - they're sowing the wind and will reap the whirlwind.

If Asham isn't suspended then there is no justice in this league and they deserve the bloodbath they will inevitably get on Wednesday. If Downie's clean hit on McAmmond was a 25 game suspension, what do you do when a guy cross checks another player to the throat??

while i think the downie comparison is a little bit of apples to oranges, it occured to me that asham's "hit" wasn't all that different than simons, the one he got...30 games total, wasn't it?

while i think the downie comparison is a little bit of apples to oranges, it occured to me that asham's "hit" wasn't all that different than simons, the one he got...30 games total, wasn't it?

True. Let's look at Jesse Boulerice, then - shall we? :-)

@radoran

you're absolutely right re: boulerice, i'd forgotten about that. almost exactly the same, except boulerice didn't then jump on top of kesler and punch him in the head. boulerice was a 25 game spot.

you mentioned it in another thread, i really did like asham. when he was an isle, a devil, and a flyer. never would have thought he could stoop to the level he did tonight.

if he *does* get the book thrown at him, you gotta wonder if that's the end of his career. he's 33, is declining in terms of his impact...and a UFA this summer. anyone who signs him will have to put him aside for the first however many games of next season. if that 25 number comes up, who is going to pay for asham while he serves his time?

Edited by aziz

\if he *does* get the book thrown at him, you gotta wonder if that's the end of his career. he's 33, is declining in terms of his impact...and a UFA this summer. anyone who signs him will have to put him aside for the first however many games of next season. if that 25 number comes up, who is going to pay for asham while he serves his time?

After today I haven't the hind quarters of a rodent's care for what happens to Arron Asham.

I may cut him to the Phantoms on my NHL Slapshot Wii and then waive him altogether (if that's possible).

That shot could have potentially kiiled Schenn and I am in no way exaggerating.

That shot could have potentially kiiled Schenn and I am in no way exaggerating.

oh, agreed.

for history and comparison's sake, here's what cost boulerice 25 games...i'm not seeing a huge difference:

• Like 2

And correctly is suspending three Penguins for deliberate attempts to injure other players

Well, I don't think hair-pulling should be considered a deliberate attempt to injure. But certainly three Pens players are guilty of suspendible offenses.

Well, I don't think hair-pulling should be considered a deliberate attempt to injure. But certainly three Pens players are guilty of suspendible offenses.

Asham - obvious.

Neal - leaving the feet on a player who has no relation to the puck whatsoever, following up with another attempt to injure

Adams - third man in - which is, I believe, under the rules a deliberate attempt to injure? If not, it should be :-)

Fine two deliberate attempts to injure and three suspensions.

And Schenn should be banned from hockey. Or, you know, something.

@JackStraw

Who are the 3 Pens? Asham (crosscheck) & Neal (2 instances) for sure. Are you saying Adams for punching Hartnell in the back of the head?