Neutral opinion

Guest off_the_post

Today I had the pleasure of watching the game with a friend of mine. He is a habs fan and former junior hockey player. He knows hockey. I'd like to think I do as well. After the 1st period he turns to me and asks,"is sh!tsburg always this dirty"? I was a bit shocked thinking I've watched flyer hockey since the mid 80's and really have grown a dislike for the pens but somebody else completely neutral is noticing their BS.

I took some satisfaction that somebody neutral to the game saw their tactics (even prior to Neal, Adams and Asham BS). He mentioned after every whistle he watched the pens stick, poke, prod, etc. I had explained this is what Lavy and Torts were trying to point out to the media.

So I felt a bit vindicated knowing it is just not us o*b fans that see the pens for what they are but a completely neutral viewer.

And by the way as a Canadian I think Crosby is a disgrace to Canadian hockey.

• Like 2

It's not just the Flyers fans, it's the Rangers fans and Capitals fans that I know as well.

Just as it is well known, except in Pittsburgh, that the Pens are protected more than any team in the league, even the Bruins, it is even more well known that the Penguins take advantage of that teflon status and are the dirtiest, divingest, whiniest team in the league. Most likely in the entire history of the league, at least since Expansion.

• Like 1

Today I had the pleasure of watching the game with a friend of mine. He is a habs fan and former junior hockey player. He knows hockey. I'd like to think I do as well. After the 1st period he turns to me and asks,"is sh!tsburg always this dirty"? I was a bit shocked thinking I've watched flyer hockey since the mid 80's and really have grown a dislike for the pens but somebody else completely neutral is noticing their BS.

I took some satisfaction that somebody neutral to the game saw their tactics (even prior to Neal, Adams and Asham BS). He mentioned after every whistle he watched the pens stick, poke, prod, etc. I had explained this is what Lavy and Torts were trying to point out to the media.

So I felt a bit vindicated knowing it is just not us o*b fans that see the pens for what they are but a completely neutral viewer.

And by the way as a Canadian I think Crosby is a disgrace to Canadian hockey.

Turns out you don't need to check with a neutral observer. Check out this article from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

"Something bizarre happened to the Penguins Sunday, long before they turned into the Philadelphia Flyers - whom they claim to hate so much because of their dirty play - and shamelessly tried to beat the Flyers with cheap shots when it was obvious they couldn't beat them fair and square on the ice."

Here's the rest:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120416_Fleury_must_take_most_of_the_hit_for_Pens__fall.html

• Like 1

"These Flyers have been doing it all series. They aren't just a bunch of dirty players. They are very talented and don't get down about anything. The Penguins score? So what? They figure they'll get the next one and then get it done. Quickly."

Really?