Lesser of two evils?

Guest off_the_post

Reading various blogs, websites, etc. I have noticed a genuine appreciation of the flyers by non-flyer fans. I don't know if this is because they are the lesser of two evils when compared to the Pens but when I read things like, "I can't beilieve I am saying this but the pens are the dirtier team of the two,", " you can never count the flyers out,"., etc.I am satifiied the flyers are not the most hated team in the league.

While I don't think the OB will every be the favorite team of NHL fans I have notice a general appreaciation of the flyers.

the flyers have always had the (usually undeserved) reputation as somehow being dirtier than all the other teams in hockey. with all the exposure given to the pens antics the last couple weeks and lavi/tort's comments, and now the exposure of this series, people are starting to see that the penguins are a dirty team, and the flyers are beating them by playing smart, tough (but clean) hockey. couple that with the hypocrisy of the organizations past stance on dirty play, and crosbys reputation as a whiny beeyotch in general and people are sick of it now. they also see the heart and chemistry this flyers team plays with, and it makes them the easy choice

• Like 3

"I'm a Bruins fan but I gotta say this Flyers team is awesome to watch, very young and just going to get better. Lets hope its a Bruins Flyers Eastern final" 35kwilson, TSN comment section.

This is what I am talking about. I am getting the feeling the flyers are becoming a person's "2nd favorite" team. Strange. I never thought that would happen.

I want to watch the Bruins go down in flames vs. the Caps. And the Rangers to lose to the Sens. And the Devils to lose to the Panthers. And then the Caps lose to the Flyers and the Panthers lose to the Sens. And then the Sens lose to the Flyers and then the Kings lose to the Flyers. That's what I want.