Back off of Neal guys..he didn't mean it

Guest Adamflyers

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120416_Couturier_takes_a_cheap_shot.html

"Neal - who also scored two power-play goals - said the it was accidental and he "didn't mean to hit" Couturier"

So let's all just lay off the guy a little. He accidently threw his body towards an unsuspecting player, i mean it is totally an understandable situation. Hell, I was walking by my boss today I did the same exact thing!

All right, fine. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

This is therefore a guy who skates around the ice so recklessly he has no idea that he was about to hit another player when he left his feet to make contact. He jumps all the time! Sometimes a lutz. Maybe an axel or two.

Nor did the failure to have a penalty called on the play have any impact on his decision moments later to deliberately target the head of another player. Unless that was an accident, too. Or maybe practicing his ice dancing routine.

His eyesight - certainly not an important thing for a sniper who hit 40 goals this season - was also so bad he couldn't see the player he was skating directly towards in both incidents.

OK, I think I got where he's coming from.

"Reality" doesn't enter into it.

I really think that if you are guilty of that you could just come out and admit it. Just say "Yeah, it was wrong and I apologize. It was very poor judgement and that is not the type of player I want to be."

You'd get respect from your own team/fans, and the opposing team/fans. Plus you'd probably get some leniency from the league. Why is honesty such a foreign concept?

Ok...If I am Shanahan, I now give him a 3 game suspension for being an idiot and thinking he can get away with it........

Brendan Shanahan: "I was born at night, but not last night - and you're also forgetting who has the career high in Gordie Howe Hat Tricks."

Why is honesty such a foreign concept?

that's a question for the ages my friend. Naturally it's easier to be honest when things are going your way, but character gets its true test when things aren't looking so rosy.

Neal, Crosby, etc. all had opportunities the past 24 hours to show some class by saying something like you suggested. They don't need to hold a press conference or anything, but when asked JesusChrist how about some speck of honesty? Is that really too much to ask? The whole wide world saw Neal as a headhunter on Sunday, saw Sidney Crosby as Sidney The Coward, Sidney the Punk.

But I guess a guy who's a coward and a punk at heart just doesn't have it in him to be honest about himself.

that's a question for the ages my friend. Naturally it's easier to be honest when things are going your way, but character gets its true test when things aren't looking so rosy.

Neal, Crosby, etc. all had opportunities the past 24 hours to show some class by saying something like you suggested. They don't need to hold a press conference or anything, but when asked JesusChrist how about some speck of honesty? Is that really too much to ask? The whole wide world saw Neal as a headhunter on Sunday, saw Sidney Crosby as Sidney The Coward, Sidney the Punk.

But I guess a guy who's a coward and a punk at heart just doesn't have it in him to be honest about himself.

I don't know man, it looked very accidental to me. That doesn't happen to you while walking down the street sometimes? Just taking a nice walk in the park, and BOOM, you throw yourself randomly into an unsuspecting pedestrian? I think you're the one who needs to be honest here Canoli! Neal seems very genuine here! :rolleyes:

The whole wide world saw Neal as a headhunter on Sunday, saw Sidney Crosby as Sidney The Coward, Sidney the Punk.

@canoli,

You are to apologize for saying such not nice things about our great NHL ambassador immediately or, like Mike Milbury, you'll never broadcast another NHL game.

Sincerely,

Gary Bettman