Bryz

Guest InHexyWeTrust

He hasn't really been discussed because of the nuclear-meltdown of Fleury and the cheap shots and whatever else, but he's looked somewhat shaky to be sure. Some big stops when he needed to make them in the first two games--definitely got things settled after that 1st period in game 2, but there were some goals yesterday and throughtout that were a bit beginning-of-the-season-bryzasterous.

At the same time, I'm not too worried going forward. Not to look past Pitt., we still need to finish them off--as bad as the Penguins have played, is there another offense in the NHL that's scarier than theirs? After a no-defense high scoring series, I can't see Bryz continuing to give up 3 or 4 goals a game.

I can't see us continuing to score 5,6,8 goals a game in the playoffs (not to look ahead!) but what other team in the NHL poses as serious an offensive threat as the Penguins?

Bryz needs to up his play, but as long as it's a non-impactful issue I'm OK with it.

He will need to step it up in the next round, but the Flyers depth scoring isn't going anywhere. They can put up four goals a night against playoff competition.

If Bryz steps up, they're a very tough out.

13 to go.

Bryz has made several momentum changing goals this series but he is still averaging 2 softies a game. He certainly seems more in control when he absorbs the puck and doesn't give away the gravy rebounds. I would rather he freezes the puck and takes the face off with everyone reset defensively. He seems to stay better focused that way and keeps the other team from getting into any kind of rhythym.

At the same time, I'm not too worried going forward.

I wouldn't say I'm not worried but if they can close out the Pens in a game or two and then spend some time resting, training and practicing, he can probably get himself together. We'd better hope so at least.