Is it possible Penguins players don't respect Crosby?

Guest Phillygrump

Do you think there might be an issue in the locker room with them? Crosby has done nothing but invoke embarrassment and disgust from his antics in this series and pretty much before the playoffs. Do you think maybe its tough to rally the team because they don't respect their captain?

I would think this is the case if it weren't for the fact that the rest of the team is playing with as much disrespect and disregard as their captain is. But it is possible that some of the team is embarrassed by the actions of Crosby.

i don't know, but i think he has destroyed what was left of his image in the league. he's been underhanded his entire career, but not a lot that made highlight shows. his nonsense yesterday was the major thing everyone is talking about today. how he is willing to start a bunch of crap knowing full well that his opponent will have his concussion history in mind before they swing back. and then he played the roll of snarky 12 yearold to a "T" in his postgame interviews.

my guess, with the influx of young talent over the last few years, the emergence of giroux, the increasing dominance of stamkos, etc, the league and it's outlets start distancing themselves from the penguins. players, might, too. how embarrasing does it have to be to be on that team with what's gone on, to look at crosby and go, "yeah, that's my leader."

blech

@Phillygrump,

There may be an issue in the room, but I don't believe that the Pens players don't respect Crosby. You do something to Crosby and that team comes to his defense. It happened at least twice in yesterday's game. The first time was when Kimmo knocked the stick out of Crosby's hand. Crosby locked up with Kimmo and Letang jumped in to rescue him. Then Adams jumped Hartnell when Harts was wrestling with Crosby.

I think it has more to do with frustration. The fact that 2 coaches from different organizations and 2 broadcasters lashed out at the Pens dirty play and whining right before the playoffs start. Then, the Flyers destroying them to add more frustration.

Do you think there might be an issue in the locker room with them? Crosby has done nothing but invoke embarrassment and disgust from his antics in this series and pretty much before the playoffs. Do you think maybe its tough to rally the team because they don't respect their captain?

I would think this is the case if it weren't for the fact that the rest of the team is playing with as much disrespect and disregard as their captain is. But it is possible that some of the team is embarrassed by the actions of Crosby.

Unfortunately for them, I think its more a case of that they DO respect him as a leader, and consequently follow him down the path of immaturity.

• Like 1