Funny Pens' writer prognostication

Guest TedZep

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/columnists/s_790763.html

That is the most incredibly rose colored, distanced from reality article that I've ever read!. Well, in hindsight anyway.

"based on the rivals` heated, mostly even back-and-forth this season"

By "back and forth" he is obviously referring to the Flyers winning 7 of 9 games played, with one of the Pens wins coming in a completely meaningless game, with a Flyers 42 to 30 edge in goals.

"Not many teams can claim seven players with 17 or more goals"

The Flyers are one of them. And if he had set his sights on a less arbitrary number of 15 or 10 goals, the Flyers have more than the Pens in both.

"Discipline?" Whatever his argument was, it is shot to he11.

"Goaltending? Of the current top performers at the game`s most important position, Fleury is the only one with a ring. That counts."

He is also the only one that has let in 18 goals in only three games. Hah!

"Add all this up, look at the rest of the field, and don`t be afraid to say it: This team is built to win the Cup.Not to take a round or two.Not to reach the final.To win it all."

Seriously, at this point if they win a single game it will be a huge surprise.

Well, this is the guy's latest column:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/columnists/s_791501.html

PHILADELPHIA — Within a couple hours of maybe the most pathetic playoff performance in Penguins history, the sloppy, senseless and stupid-beyond-words 8-4 loss to the Flyers in Game 3 on Sunday, the tattered remains of this team boarded an aircraft for Pittsburgh. That`s where they`re set to practice the next two days, then return here for Game 4.

Do us a favor, gentlemen: Don`t come back.

• Like 1

If you are the Pens, how do you get up for Game 4? The Flyers can't take this lightly obviously but here's a team whose owner is rumored to be "embarrassed" by them and willing to "support" any punishment the league metes out to Neal and Asham. They are reviled by the entire hockey community, including their own fans and the home town press corps, they are down 0-3 to a team that has had their number all season and they are probably without 3 regulars, including their all star top line winner, James Neal, and they have to be seriously questioning the leadership of their captain, who was probably more responsible than any other person for the embarrassing and, for the Pens at least, futile mayhem that took place in Game 3. Oh, and I forgot to mention the blown leads, the shaky goaltending and the fact that the entire, ugly situation is 100% self inflicted.

If you are Dan Bylsma, how do you get this team ready to play? I'm not sure I can imagine a set of circumstances that would present more of a challenge. Does this look like the 4th team ever to successfully mount a come back from 0-3?

Edited by terp

If you are the Pens, how do you get up for Game 4? The Flyers can't take this lightly obviously but here's a team whose owner is rumored to be "embarrassed" by them and willing to "support" any punishment the league metes out to Neal and Asham. They are reviled by the entire hockey community, including their own fans and the home town press corps, they are down 0-3 to a team that has had their number all season and they are probably without 3 regulars, including their all star top line winner, James Neal, and they have to be seriously questioning the leadership of their captain, who was probably more responsible than any other person for the embarrassing and, for the Pens at least, futile mayhem that took place in Game 3. Oh, and I forgot to mention the blown leads, the shaky goaltending and the fact that the entire, ugly situation is 100% self inflicted.

If you are Dan Bylsma, how do you get this team ready to play? I'm not sure I can imagine a set of circumstances that would present more of a challenge. Does this look like the 4th team ever to successfully mount a come back from 0-3?

I doubt they can come back either.... But we don't want to tempt fate .....

http://www.pittsburg...s/s_790763.html

That is the most incredibly rose colored, distanced from reality article that I've ever read!. Well, in hindsight anyway.

"based on the rivals` heated, mostly even back-and-forth this season"

By "back and forth" he is obviously referring to the Flyers winning 7 of 9 games played, with one of the Pens wins coming in a completely meaningless game, with a Flyers 42 to 30 edge in goals.

"Not many teams can claim seven players with 17 or more goals"

The Flyers are one of them. And if he had set his sights on a less arbitrary number of 15 or 10 goals, the Flyers have more than the Pens in both.

"Discipline?" Whatever his argument was, it is shot to he11.

"Goaltending? Of the current top performers at the game`s most important position, Fleury is the only one with a ring. That counts."

He is also the only one that has let in 18 goals in only three games. Hah!

"Add all this up, look at the rest of the field, and don`t be afraid to say it: This team is built to win the Cup.Not to take a round or two.Not to reach the final.To win it all."

did a certain poster here right that article

If you are the Pens, how do you get up for Game 4? ... Does this look like the 4th team ever to successfully mount a come back from 0-3?

The Pens have won only one meaningful game vs. the Flyers all year. Neal is an important component to their team, and if the league office wants to retain the merest shred of integrity, he is gone for at least two games. Asham is done as Penguin. Malkin has not shown he can escape Couturier. Giroux leads everyone in all stats, except save % and GAA. Crosby is a child, and will not be able to grow up by Wednesday. Bryzgalov has to have at least ONE good game in this series, might as well start with Game 4.

Karma declares that the Pens go down tomorrow.

• Like 1