Curious? Most hearings the next day, the Pens, not so much

Guest TedZep

Last night Niklas Backstrom crosschecked a Bruin (who probably deserved it) and his "case" is immediately reviewed today. Similar incidents have been dealt with rather quickly.

Oddly, the three Penguins players subject to suspension have taken a little longer to process. Even the automatic suspension wasn't confirmed until late yesterday, and the other two scheduled for this morning are still up in the air, well after the events in question.

Odd, no?

when they have the extra day break, i know they like to take it to allow injury situations to shake out. i think the unusual part is that they didnt take the extra day for backstrom, since they have 2 days off also. maybe shanny is just in a hearing type of mood today, with the other 3 (4 if you count neal as 2) hes doing today

Last night Niklas Backstrom crosschecked a Bruin (who probably deserved it) and his "case" is immediately reviewed today. Similar incidents have been dealt with rather quickly.

Oddly, the three Penguins players subject to suspension have taken a little longer to process. Even the automatic suspension wasn't confirmed until late yesterday, and the other two scheduled for this morning are still up in the air, well after the events in question.

Odd, no?

Seems like and attempt to let things blow over. You can bet Gayray Buttman is more involved in this one than the other recenet decisions by the "czar" of discipline

Odd, no?

Not necessarily. Could be schedule conflicts, travel, personal, anything.

when they have the extra day break

The Bruins & Caps don't play until Thursday. They had the same extra day break and that meeting was announced IMMEDIATELY.

I think pleadings may be going on with Bettman & Campbell and the Pens that they HAVE to do something public, please don't release the photos if we do.

The Bruins & Caps don't play until Thursday. They had the same extra day break and that meeting was announced IMMEDIATELY. I think pleadings may be going on with Bettman & Campbell and the Pens that they HAVE to do something public, please don't release the photos if we do.

did you read the rest of my post or just quote and reply to half my first sentence? i said it was strange that they announced backstroms immediately since they also have an extra day. given that he was already doing hearings for 4 different incidents today, maybe he just wanted to add another to the list? as someone else mentioned, scheduling, etc is taken into account