Crosby

Guest orange_crush

I know Crosby has always been a punk, but does anyone else wonder if Crosby has lost his mind?

He's been thru serveral concussions over the past years which medical reports claim can lead to increase in violence and dementia..

But after watching the replay again of Game 3, I've never seen Crosby act so bizarre in my life..

I really think he's lost his mind with all these concussions...

thoughts?

Anecdotally, concussions have been linked to erratic behavior, poor decision making, and heighted levels of violence. The same phenomenon has been suggested in regards to another famous Pittsburgh athlete (Roethlisberger 2010).

But I won't believe it until I see more substantiated correlation in a respected medical journal.

Anecdotally, concussions have been linked to erratic behavior, poor decision making, and heighted levels of violence. The same phenomenon has been suggested in regards to another famous Pittsburgh athlete (Roethlisberger 2010).

But I won't believe it until I see more substantiated correlation in a respected medical journal.

Well if you think about it, concussions are damage to your brain which causes scar tissue on your brain that blocks nerve endings from functioning properly. Which ultimately would alter the way your brain functions and change your personality, ect.

So I believe concussions do have serious long term affects.

It's less and less anecdotal. I've noticed heightened anger responses in myself. Head injuries are a scary, scary thing,, especially when we don't know that they've happened half the time.

No worries Podes. It does get me a bit bothered when people openly wish for someone to take a serious head injury though (not that anyone has in this thread, just sayin). Mad Dog's question is valid. Serious injuries can change the way you live, but head injuries can change who you are...

No worries Podes. It does get me a bit bothered when people openly wish for someone to take a serious head injury though (not that anyone has in this thread, just sayin). Mad Dog's question is valid. Serious injuries can change the way you live, but head injuries can change who you are...

So AJ do you see a change in Crosby's behavior also or am I the only one?

I'm not sure I do. However, a number of Pens fans have noted his post game attitude is different. The antics on Sunday are easy enough to attribute to temporary frustration. But if he's handling himself differently, with a bit sharper edge on a regular basis outside the game, on a regular basis? That could be cause for some concern.

What change? He was always a spoiled, egotistical, in love with himself punk. Nothing new, really.

We all have watched Crosby play over the years and dive and cry but we never see him constantly jumping players from behind, yelling constantly from the penalty box..

I'm not a Crosby fan but this is not the Sidney Crosby we used to know..this guy has totally lost his mind out there..

@orange_crush

I don't know if he is "losing his mind", to be honest. I think he is just used to things handed to him on a golden platter. He used to everybody cater to him from his days in colleague to the NHL. And now he is a part of a team - a captain of the team - that's getting totally humiliated and overplayed in all aspects of the game. I honestly think he is just frustrated - nothing more, nothing less.