Goaltending

Guest flyercanuck

In a battle of the two worst goalies I can remember seeing play a playoff series all I have to say is if we lose this game, it's time for Bobrovsky. Yes Fleury has been worse...I don't care. Bryzgalovs spits rebounds all over the place, moves across the crease like a slug, handles the puck like he's never played the game before and just flat out sucks.

Not all the goals are his fault. The team isn't playing well in front of him defensively. But he looks terrible on any shot toward net. Even the ones he saves turn into more chances, and now he's looking behind again. Blech!

Everytime the puck goes NEAR him I hold my breath. What's it like PLAYING with this clown?

Doesn't matter, even if they get out this round if they get this type of goaltending...

....lets face it against Boston or NYR(or NYR then Boston) they'er done.

Both those teams have defenses and great if not world class goaltending!!!!!!!!

Thank God Leighton isn't sitting on the bench.....

Edited by OccamsRazor

In a battle of the two worst goalies I can remember seeing play a playoff series all I have to say is if we lose this game, it's time for Bobrovsky. Yes Fleury has been worse...I don't care. Bryzgalovs spits rebounds all over the place, moves across the crease like a slug, handles the puck like he's never played the game before and just flat out sucks.

Not all the goals are his fault. The team isn't playing well in front of him defensively. But he looks terrible on any shot toward net. Even the ones he saves turn into more chances, and now he's looking behind again. Blech!

I guess we'll see if Ed Snider comes out in the media to say how disappointed he was in the team's performance tonight. It's nice to see the investment Snider made in Bryzgalov is blowing up in his face. I guess we'll see how the Flyers responding to this beating when they play game 5. Maybe on the plus side is that fact the Flyers were in the Pens position two years ago against the Bruins so they know what they have to do to make the same thing doesn't happen to them.

They won't do anything with Bryzgalov until next year.

Remember: even year - coach; odd year - goalie

I don't think they'll do anything with Lavy this year, but look out in 2014 after they buy out Bryzgalov and put all their money on Bobrovsky...

Then, of course, 2015's an odd year.

Don't forget Leighton is back in town! Whats really bad about these guys,you never know if either one is going to show up for the game. DejaVu!

Leighton probably wins that game by making the average saves.

Leighton? You gotta be kidding me. It's his fault the Flyers lost 10-3 last night. Just by being in the building he got his stank all over the Flyers and god help us if he's traveling with the team!

• Like 1

Bob let in 4 so far, so he doesn't look like much of an answer.

Bob came in cold after not playing a single game for 2 weeks and then faced what seemed like 8 straight PP.....I am not going to put this loss on his shoulders...I also seem to remember that he did not come into the game until it was 4-3 pens.....being how the Flyers did not score another goal, Bryz gets this stinker of a loss....

I do have to wonder about Bryz's foot - especially with the Leighton recall. He is simply not that goalie that he was just weeks ago - and the line of demarcation is clearly the injury (rather than "streaky play").

His play has still been subpar even by "injured foot" standards. If he's that hurt, don't play him.

Bob's got to be ready. I don't care what the situation is. It's his job to be ready. Period. Even at 5-3 with 36 to play in this weird series, they had a chance.

Bob gave them nothing more than Bryz did. Maybe less.

That said, the Flyers' parade to the penalty box - in one of the sorriest displays of over-officiating I can immediately recall - was ridiculous. The Pens seemed to make an adjustment to the overcalls after their first period meltdown. The Flyers seemingly never did. To open the second period with four consecutive power plays and give up goals on three was the difference in this game. The Flyers were whislted for 14 PIMs in the second period (not including the 10 for Rinaldo). Pittsburgh? 2.

Leighton gets called up, Flyers lose. Coincidence? We report, you decide.

If it's his foot, then why even let him start? I don't understand this. What are hoping to accomplish by starting an injured goalie?

Ask Dave Babych about the Flyers playing guys with gimpy feet...

What are they trying to accomplish? Who knows?

If, in fact, it's his foot. I'm just wondering....

As bad as Bryz is, Bob goes down on every shot, and gets beat high every time. I hate the butterfly stlye, he has been with this team for 2 years, cant our goalie coach break him of this bad habit. There are times that all you need to do is stand up and let the damn puck hit you. Both our goalies are practically inside the net, and get burned on routine shot.... come out, cut off the angle ,stand up and cahllenge. The best goalie of all tome is Marty Broduer who plays a hybrid style, which makes total sense, stand up and crouch down at the right time, everyone should be watching film and copying his stlye.

I do have to wonder about Bryz's foot - especially with the Leighton recall. He is simply not that goalie that he was just weeks ago - and the line of demarcation is clearly the injury (rather than "streaky play").

I read that he left practice today after 10 minutes:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bgc1c?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nhl

Might be further evidence that he isn't anywhere close to healthy. I would far rather start Bob than a hobbled Bryzgalov, especially in Pittsburgh.

Leighton? You gotta be kidding me. It's his fault the Flyers lost 10-3 last night. Just by being in the building he got his stank all over the Flyers and god help us if he's traveling with the team!

Yep, agreed. His attitude is the only thing worse than his squeezing up against an iron post.

As bad as Bryz is, Bob goes down on every shot, and gets beat high every time. I hate the butterfly stlye, he has been with this team for 2 years, cant our goalie coach break him of this bad habit. There are times that all you need to do is stand up and let the damn puck hit you. Both our goalies are practically inside the net, and get burned on routine shot.... come out, cut off the angle ,stand up and cahllenge. The best goalie of all tome is Marty Broduer who plays a hybrid style, which makes total sense, stand up and crouch down at the right time, everyone should be watching film and copying his stlye.

Or, the coaching staff is hell bend on trying to make Bryz a NHL goaltender and there's nothing left (time or reps) left for Bob.

Doesn't matter, even if they get out this round if they get this type of goaltending...

....lets face it against Boston or NYR(or NYR then Boston) they'er done.

Both those teams have defenses and great if not world class goaltending!!!!!!!!

Thank God Leighton isn't sitting on the bench.....

If it is Bryz's hip, that is exactly where Michael Leighton will be.

At least Bryzgalov looked like an NHL goalie last night. He made some nice saves, though looked pretty average on Staals deja vu shot(how many has he put high on Bryz, 5?) Of course when he finally comes up with a full 60 minute game he gets totally outplayed by Fleury. I know some are going to say leave the flaky wingnut alone, but in a 16 team playoff field, when you're ranked 18th in GAA AND Save percentage (this sounds familiar,,,oh ya he was near the bottom of the league all season long) that's just plain lame.