Flyers more embarrassed by G4 than Pens of G3

Guest TedZep

I searched the entire thread and didn't see any such reference. Did someone delete a post?

It's possible I was responding to another post and switched windows to this thread. The thread I was responding to was saying the Flyers are done, and that comment was followed by someone saying that winning one of the next three won't be any easier than winning the one they just blew to close it out, so it wasn't gonna happen. I don't know where that post went to or where it was, and I didn't quote it, so I'm thinking I switched threads without being aware of it.

There ARE lots of threads regarding G4. Sorry for the error if indeed it's mine, which it most likely is.

@Mad Dog

I agree with all of that, BUT... the penguins are a flawed team, too. they still have a thin blue line, they still have top heavy offense, fleury has still been terrible, and they have struggled against Philly all season, especially in Pittsburgh. 2 decent periods from fleury do not mean he has fixed his issues, and the flyers have yet to lose a meaningfull game in Pittsburgh.

IMO, game 1 was what a "normal" game between these two teams looks like... and the flyers can win 1 of 3 of those.

the only thing is, of course, flyers goaltending. if they can get game 1 type performance from bryzgalov, then the flyers will advance, be it tomorrow, Sunday, or whenever game 7 is. if, on the other hand, last night was the start if another lost in the woods adventure..... Bob has regressed. I don't know. the flyers need average goaltending. the question is: can they get that. if so, they'll be fine. if not......

That's exaggerating too. Fleury looked like his same old self in the first and was barely tested in the second and third. People are saying he might have more "confidence" but Bryz has gone long stretches (up to two whole periods plus overtime!) without getting scored on with more pressure being put on him (game 1). So many people are jumping ship and sucking off the Penguins again but I'm still relatively confident. Game 5 will be nothing like last night's atrocity.

• Like 1

I'm glad i missed this fiasco, (travelling for work). I have to say though the Penguins are too good to be swept by anyone. I still think our team is a bad match up for them. @aziz and others have pointed out they're not so hot themselves defensively, they're a two and a half line team, some of their guys that needed to get going for them had a good night last night and our guys collectively **** the bed. they're still top heavy with some slim pickings on the wing.

Plus it beats losing in 4 OTs that kind of game breaks your spirit, the game last night just makes you pay more attention to what you need to do,and I am glad that our stars didn't run around and embarrass the game when it got out of hand.

the pressure is still on them. Our goaltender needs to nut up and play some good hockey. he's been atrocious so far, time to be the man he fancies himself to be.

I hope the team let's Neal be so he can get a good start on his golf swing or hair gel or whatever that feminine hygiene product does in the summer time.

even if the pens bring their A game this flyers team can beat them, they have all year, i think the flyers can win 1 of the next 3,

And if that's what your boys focus on, then you may be right. It may be all over.

But if your team's any good, they're gonna be ticked off with themselves and say, "We're not letting freaking Pittsburgh embarrass us like that," and they'll refocus their game and play.

If all they can do is focus on how bad a one-game whooping stings, then they don't deserve to move on to the second round.

I say the Flyers are better than that, not even being a fan.

I'm not quitting watching, and I know they aren't quitting playing. That was a reaction to a long *** day at work, then watching every last one of TEN GOALS blow into the net. It looked like warmups, but with more scoring.

That said, today is a new day and I want blood. Flightless bird blood. Move over turducken, its time for penguin. Must slaughter them on the scoreboard. The Flyers are the only team to return to Philadelphia. Make it happen, and LET'S GO FLYERS!

If all they can do is focus on how bad a one-game whooping stings, then they don't deserve to move on to the second round.

Exactly right. In a way (though admittedly this is a reach!) that kinda goes for the fans too. I'm the same as any Flyers' fan, I was disgusted by the goaltending, by the lack of Team D...by everything the Flyers did and didn't do in G4. But in the end it's 1 game and the series is now 3-1 Flyers. We're going to Pittsburgh where we have never lost a game that matters. That doesn't mean we'll automatically win of course but it's a huge confidence boost to every player in the O&B.

Like Jagr said after the game, I guess we'll "find out what kind of team we are."