Schenn out vs Buffalo

Guest DaGreatGazoo

Like most of us, I want to see the kid play about 10 games straight...with set linemates. Let's see what he can do. He has had no chance to build any momentum or gain any confidence to this point. He's gotta be nervous as hell, everytime he takes the ice right now.

I don't think you can call someone injury prone, who never was before in their career, 1/4 way into a season.

while that's true, it is frustrating to think that we can't get a good sense of what this kid can bring to the Flyers because this kid IS always injured. if you can call it prone or not doesn't change the fact that since he's been here he's been hurt. Didn't he get injured in the preseason as well? From a personnel standpoint this hasn't been a tremendous return on investment and you can't ignore that. Potential can only mean so much. High hopes still remain for the guy though.

while that's true, it is frustrating to think that we can't get a good sense of what this kid can bring to the Flyers because this kid IS always injured. if you can call it prone or not doesn't change the fact that since he's been here he's been hurt. Didn't he get injured in the preseason as well? From a personnel standpoint this hasn't been a tremendous return on investment and you can't ignore that. Potential can only mean so much. High hopes still remain for the guy though.

Like I said in the Voracek/Couturier/Carter thread, if Simmonds and Voracek end up being the best players we get out of those trades, we lose. But like was also said, it's way too early to be calling anyone a winner in the deal.

I think it's more like snake-bitten than injury prone. The broken foot was from a shot block..that's a tough break(pun intended), not necessarily a sign someone is injury prone. At least not yet...

Maybe he has weak bones (sarcasm font intended).

Like I said in the Voracek/Couturier/Carter thread, if Simmonds and Voracek end up being the best players we get out of those trades, we lose. But like was also said, it's way too early to be calling anyone a winner in the deal.

Judging trades based on fantasy stats and individual feats is a silly exercise. Judge the trade based on the accomplishment or unaccomplishments of the team.

it's way too early to be calling anyone a winner in the deal.

agreed, way to early to determine the overall winner of the deal. For me though, I really want to start to see something out of this kid. I unfortunately missed the games he played since returning from injury so I wasn't able to see if he was beginning to show some of what has been advertised. I will be able to see tonight's game and once again he is injured.

Back to the winners and losers of the deal is concerned. I think at this point I'm willing to say both the Flyers and the Kings have won. A culture change was sorely needed here. Addition by subtraction? Possibly. If you could take the personality out of these guys it'd be much easier to compare each other's production and numbers but unfortunately personalities can do a lot to a team and their chemistry, regardless of how good or bad a player is on the ice.

Judging trades based on fantasy stats and individual feats is a silly exercise. Judge the trade based on the accomplishment or unaccomplishments of the team.

So do you call the Bruins acquisition of Kaberle a good deal for them then? They won a cup, though that was in spite of Kaberles play. And it cost them Joe Colbourne and a 1st. Kaberle then signed with Carolina, who wishes they'd have never heard of him. I agree with you for the most part, but there are deals, like the one I mentioned that prove they aren't all like that.

@flyercanuck

Hey FC..hope you are well.

Everytime I think of Kaberle's name on the Cup, it just pisses me off. I've always hated that guy...proto-type underacheiver. Million dollar talent, and no heart/drive. Think of the warriors that have played in the NHL and never won a Cup. This guy makes a career out of sucking..gets dumped at the deadline, sucks for his new team, and gets a Ring. UGH.