Where does JvR fit in the lineup ?

Guest mojo1917

I see he's close to returning, he played well last year in the tournament, do you even dress him this series ?

I think you do, He Simmonds and Schenn looked pretty damn good before he broke his foot, if you go that route then what ?

jagr giroux hartnell

voracek briere read ?

simmonds schenn JvR

talbot coutourier wellwood

and what to do about the defense ?

grossmann is hurt,

whether or not the hits that made him loopy were dirty is beside the point, we are going to miss his presence.

do you bring manning up ?

he played well,

bourdon is still hurt right ?

lots of questions about this team, offensively i think we are going to be alright, i think those 12 can score the 7 we'll need to win a game. :D

Quigley,

Lauridson and Manning were called up. Oskars is going through waivers now. IMO I don't think JVR will be much of a force in this series 'cause he's missed too much time. Better to let him get into game shape and practice first. Rinaldo is the second verse of Carcillo and I care not how much energy he brings. His timely penalties negate all of that energy.

Based upon Thursday’s practice, Rinaldo was on a “scratch” line with Tommy Sestito and Matt Ford.

I'll take that to mean JVR will be in the lineup and Rinaldo will be a healthy scratch.

JvR , Read and Voras sounds fast and skilled to me, Jake's been really good this series, kind of a bigger and better Leino. I think that line could be troublesome for the pens to match up with

JVR is going to be so rusty, I'm not sure if he'll be a help or not. I guess it depends on if he wants to avoid all contact as usual, or win, which he sometimes feels like.

To be an improvement over Rinadlo, all JVR has to do is focus on his game defensively and not take any penalties. Anything offensively is a bonus.

JVR at 80% > Rinaldo

• Like 2

I see he's close to returning, he played well last year in the tournament, do you even dress him this series ?

I think you do, He Simmonds and Schenn looked pretty damn good before he broke his foot, if you go that route then what ?

jagr giroux hartnell

voracek briere read ?

simmonds schenn JvR

talbot coutourier wellwood

and what to do about the defense ?

grossmann is hurt,

whether or not the hits that made him loopy were dirty is beside the point, we are going to miss his presence.

do you bring manning up ?

he played well,

bourdon is still hurt right ?

lots of questions about this team, offensively i think we are going to be alright, i think those 12 can score the 7 we'll need to win a game. :D

I would imagine JVR is going to be out of shape and not in playoff form..so I would put him on the 4th line with low minutes until he gets back into the swing of things

JVR skating on a line with Read and Voracek at practice today.

SO --- if I'm connecting the dots I think we'll be seeing

LINE #1:

Jagr -- Giroux -- Hartnell

LINE #2:

Simmonds -- Briere -- Schenn (love this line!)

LINE #3:

Read -- JVR -- Voracheck

LINE #4:

Talbot -- Couterier -- Wellwood

No doubt, this adds some nice pop to the offense, (not like we needed it, lol) and Rinaldo is the equivalent target of a shiny, red Ferrari speeding down

a highway on a bright, sunny day -- but if I had a choice, I'd prefer to have Mezaros back before JVR....

our need for a defenseman is much bigger right now.... how can we have goaltending issues AND be missing like 4 defensemen? WTF.