LEIGHTON

Guest SoCalFlyfan

I know it's a popular thing to trash the guy. However, He was a big reason we made it to the finals to begin with. Sure I'd like that last one back in game 6, but that happens. Bryz and Bob are disasters right now and I have no problem with throwing Leighton out there one last time with something to prove.

Thoughts?

No thanks, if Ilya can't play I'd rather see Bob in Pgh, he plays well there, and as a young guy I think he responds better when he knows he's going to be the guy, I mean last night was a shooting gallery that he got tossed into, he stunk, but the team had quit by the time he got on the ice. I think he's best option if universe is hurt... Plus they 30 & 35 are proud guys I don't think either stinks the joint up like that in their next opportunity.

• Like 2

No thanks, if Ilya can't play I'd rather see Bob in Pgh, he plays well there, and as a young guy I think he responds better when he knows he's going to be the guy, I mean last night was a shooting gallery that he got tossed into, he stunk, but the team had quit by the time he got on the ice. I think he's best option if universe is hurt... Plus they 30 & 35 are proud guys I don't think either stinks the joint up like that in their next opportunity.

I agree mojo... Bob was clearly thrown to the wolves last game. By the time he got in there, the team had quit. But obviously, the Pens are gonna get at least 3 "high" goals on Bob b/c of their skill and scouting. Not exactly a secret on how to beat bob (see staal's goal).

If Breezy is hurt, go with Bob.... if bob sucks and bryz is hurt... **** it... go with Leighton I guess.

Leighton might have something to prove ..no ?

What pisses me off is that Lavi won a cup riding the hot goalie (not his first choice) and came close to another one doing the same thing with Boosh and Leighton. But for some reason he's doing the opposite in Philly since we got Bryz. Bryz should have been pulled in game 2 and Bob should have started game 3.

I'm pretty sure the orders to play Bryz are coming from above. If he is injured it should free Lavi up to do what he does best...ride the hot goalie (Leighton/Bob) and call momentum changing timeouts.

I know it's a popular thing to trash the guy. However, He was a big reason we made it to the finals to begin with. Sure I'd like that last one back in game 6, but that happens. Bryz and Bob are disasters right now and I have no problem with throwing Leighton out there one last time with something to prove.

Thoughts?

I think you said it, orders from above. I don't get why this organization has kept Michael Leighton. They must see some value, right? Do they even see more value than everybody else? Was Bob ever the real #2 if push came to a shove? Are we at that point now? I actually like Bryz. I actually think he has overcome his demons. I hate the Philly press worst than he does. I think we got D problems more than anything and that is injury driven. Don't think they guys upstairs want to hang Bryz out to dry if this thing goes south because with a contract like his, I donlt see him going anywhere and i see more big changes on the D next year with Pronger retiring, Carle let walking, and I think Colburn moved.

@BearOnIce

Leighton got his contract after that cup run, when he misrepresented his health after that post season. Once signed, his back got worse and he reverted back to his normal self and career suckage. His poor attitude is part of why he is utterly unmovable, the other being paid 1.55m/yr cap for utter garbage goaltending. He can't hold a post, has a slow glove, and an enormous 5-hole. I never, ever want to see him in net again. I'd rather six skaters all game.

• Like 2

@SoCalFlyfan

That would send shock-waves to an already fragile goal-tending situation. Leighton is not the answer. He caught lightning in a bottle and did well a few years back, but let's face it, our defense had a healthy Pronger and defensively minded forwards like Mike Richards and Simon Gagne.

Leighton hasn't played an NHL game since last year in Boston and I don't t think he has it in him to stop the most potent offense in the league.

If Bryzgalov is hurt than Bobrovsky needs to step it up and be ready; that is what he gets paid to do. The defense also needs to play with a f'ing purpose tonight as well. They left Bryzgalov out to dry on 3 of the 5 goals in my opinion.

Without saying, big game tonight. This is what I would call a character game, if they play hard and bust their a s s es every shift we should be fine. If they look like the Ringling Brothers Circus again, then it's going to be the end of days for them.

Edited by Bertmega

Thoughts?

Leighton was never the same after his back surgery..I don't think he's an NHL caliber goalie anymore..

How is it othe teams seem to find goalies(holtsby) but year in and year out in the playoffs there is a goalie controversy.Bobbo had his chance,Bryzo has been at the helm all season,instead of getting hotter,he caves,nothing new,same old stuff.They gave up on Reggie Lemelin as goalie coach,and got a new one(no remember) and things remain the same. Maybe Dale Hunter would share his secret? Its like an Indiana Brygalov over the falls movie,in continous loop mode.