UPDATED: Uh-oh! Crosby out next 2 games! / Indefinitely

Guest DaGreatGazoo

I watched this game..If I remember right, he got smoked on a collision with his own teammate. Article is from www.tsn.ca

"Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby will sit out the next two games as a precaution.

He did not accompany the team on their road trip to Philadelphia on Wednesday.

"Sidney took a hard hit during our game against Boston Monday night and wasn't feeling 100 percent," said Penguins general manager Ray Shero. "He saw Dr. Micky Collins of UPMC today and took an ImPACT test, which showed no problems. However, we all think it's best that he sits out the next two games as a precaution."

Crosby has 12 points in eight games since returning from a concussion. The Penguins visit the Flyers on Thursday and the New York Islanders on Saturday."

//

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby is out indefinitely with concussion-like symptoms.

Crosby said Monday he noticed a recurrence of the problems that sidelined him for more than 10 months earlier this year following a 3-1 loss to Boston last week.

Crosby sat out Pittsburgh's two-game road trip to Philadelphia and New York as a precaution but said he's noticed familiar symptoms during light workouts over the weekend.

The 24-year-old former MVP said there is no timetable for his return but he will definitely not play on Tuesday against Detroit.

Crosby has 12 points in eight games this season, but hasn't scored a goal since netting two in his season debut on Nov. 23 against the Islanders. Crosby called the setback beyond frustrating but stressed it was important to be safe.

From http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382548

Sidney Crosby will miss his third straight game on Tuesday when the Pittsburgh Penguins host the Detroit Red Wings and there is no timetable for his return.

Crosby, who was not on the ice for Monday's practice, has already missed the Penguins' last two games with what the team calls concussion-like symptoms.

"Not (feeling) bad," he said about his latest setback. "I'm not happy about watching, but I have to make sure with these sort of things that I'm careful and making sure I'm 100 per cent before coming back."

While there's no timetable for his return, Crosby said he's continuing light workouts.

"I've been doing light exertion stuff and seeing how that goes," Crosby said following the team skate. "It's that whole (recovery) routine again, but hopefully not as long. When I wasn't doing something for six, seven months that process was a little longer. Hopefully, that's not the case here."

He added that "frustrating" doesn't even begin to explain how he feels.

The Penguins decided to sit Crosby on Thursday in Philadelphia and Saturday against the New York Islanders once he experienced a post-practice headache last Wednesday. Head coach Dan Bylsma said there were no indication that the NHL's marquee player was suffering from concussion symptoms.

Crosby returned after a 68-game absence on Nov. 21 and has 12 points in eight games this season.