Kubina 6 minutes of ice time and a -2

Guest KnucklesNilan

Talk about a liability out there, Lavy needs to sit this guy, he brings nothing and I mean nothing to the ice. I know the Flyers are banged up in the D department, but why even bother with this guy when he is a minus every game?

Edited by KnucklesNilan

I posted the guys in another thread, and depending on who could be available, I now suggest breaking up the good three as such:

Timonen / Manning

Coburn / Gus

Carle / Bartulis (or Kessel or Lilja in that order)

Dress a seventh D too, just in case the Pens succeed knocking out Timonen or Coburn. They really ramped it up against them last game. I'm actually worried for them as people.

Also, 4 forward PP to conserve on D ice time. JVR (if not scratched with no-heart-itis), Read, or Voracek will do. Save Couturier for the Pens counterpunch of Malkin after the PP.

Speaking of Bartulis...where has this cat been.....sad with all the injuries he still can't crack the lineup. Now i know why Tampa dumped Kubina, now he is a slow moving mountain...that just ends up running into Bryz or worse just lets guys skate around him...no way in hell they resign this sloth!!!!!!!

Talk about a liability out there, Lavy needs to sit this guy, he brings nothing and I mean nothing to the ice. I know the Flyers are banged up in the D department, but why even bother with this guy when he is a minus every game?

He may still be injured, which would explain in part at least why he is so unproductive.

Edited by terp

Timonen / Manning

Coburn / Gus

Carle / Bartulis (or Kessel or Lilja in that order)

The problem with that is that each pair is still going to get around 20 min ice time, and do you really want Manning out there for 20 minutes? Or Bartulis or Lilja or Kessel for that matter?

The problem with that is that each pair is still going to get around 20 min ice time, and do you really want Manning out there for 20 minutes? Or Bartulis or Lilja or Kessel for that matter?

Tough to believe they(Manning,Bartilus,Kessel) could not play more than 6 minutes productively...Gus is already playing so.....

Tough to believe they(Manning,Bartilus,Kessel) could not play more than 6 minutes productively...Gus is already playing so.....

Gus and maybe Bartulis are the only ones I would trust with significant ice time, but I don't think I'd want to see either of them on the ice a lot when Crosby and/or Malkin are out.

Being home i sure hope Lavy and the gang can take advantage of last change and get some favorable match ups.

If not all the momentum swings to them to be able to force a game 7 after being down 3 games to none.

Stack two vets for PK, two rooks for fourth line D duty. That might help keep the minutes reasonable. Unfortunately there isn't much other choice than grinding the top three into the ground. At least one good D would be on the ice at all times unless they take a penalty or Pitt takes them out. Who knows, maybe another rookie or two could impress?

Stack two vets for PK, two rooks for fourth line D duty. That might help keep the minutes reasonable. Unfortunately there isn't much other choice than grinding the top three into the ground. At least one good D would be on the ice at all times unless they take a penalty or Pitt takes them out. Who knows, maybe another rookie or two could impress?

Given the situation, I think you pretty much have to grind the top 3 into the ground for the remainder of this series. If they get through it, then hopefully they get Meszaros and Grossman back relatively soon. I'd rather have a tired Timonen out there against Malkin or Crosby than a fresh Bartulis.

Given the situation, I think you pretty much have to grind the top 3 into the ground for the remainder of this series. If they get through it, then hopefully they get Meszaros and Grossman back relatively soon. I'd rather have a tired Timonen out there against Malkin or Crosby than a fresh Bartulis.

If we don't win this series, this will be why. It is going to be tough to beat the Pens with half a defense. Kubina had better be hurt because if not, it is a scandal that we gave up a second and a third for him.

If we don't win this series, this will be why. It is going to be tough to beat the Pens with half a defense. Kubina had better be hurt because if not, it is a scandal that we gave up a second and a third for him.

I have watched more than a few Tampa games and I can tell you right now that Kubina has either a groin or hip problem. He was never a fast skater to begin with but just watching his skating stride will tell you he is having issues...the pens know this and exploit it at every opportunity. A healthy Manning will give you better and more quality minutes than the currently injured Kubina does......

Even the best rookie will go through some serious jitters in his first PO game. Our D is so depleted it means Manning would get important minutes and if he tenses up or chokes in just 1 play it's probably a goal against us (no faith in Bryzgalov to bail us out).

It's a risky move and I doubt we'll see him. I wish we had held onto Syvret. I don't know how or why he found his way into the doghouse in Philly. He was never a liability on the ice and he was improving all the time.

It's a risky move and I doubt we'll see him. I wish we had held onto Syvret. I don't know how or why he found his way into the doghouse in Philly. He was never a liability on the ice and he was improving all the time.

I was wondering that too. In a small samples of games we saw him, I thought he looked defensively sound. Nothing flashy, but I thought he didn't do anything to deserve the treatment he got by the team. I can't imagine either him or Manning could possibly much worse than Lilja and Kubina... Fricking stiffs!

Being home i sure hope Lavy and the gang can take advantage of last change and get some favorable match ups.

keep briere's line away from staal and we win this game, or if Lavy insists on "dictating the matchup" slide schenn to center so he can win the fing draw and keep the puck away from those guys, that was the difference in game 5 to me, briere couldn't win a draw vs staal so his line never had possession or had to work really hard to gain possession. which led to them being gassed by the end of the shift which is when the goals against came.

having one more nhl ready defensman wouldn't hurt either, i think the flyers win today, noon start time and all.

Where the hell is he now? (Danny Syvret) He bounced back n forth from the Flyers to .... the Wild I think? I lost track of him this year.

re: Kubina, if he's not injured he's doing a great impression of someone who is, and I don't mean "banged up" like everyone in the POs I mean seriously hurting, where he can't even skate or bend down. It's a joke how useless he is out there for us.

Lilja makes some good plays every game and I wouldn't call him a total stiff. The problem with him seems to be he makes just as many WTF plays, which end up hurting us, killing momentum with a bad turnover, etc. I know all our guys have been guilty of that but Lilly's ratio of good plays to bad plays is worse than most.