Noon?

Guest flyercanuck

The game is at noon tomorrow? Who comes up with this stuff? Noon? What, does basketball take primetime in Philly or is there a trade show that's more important? WTF?

Obviously the league is well aware of the Flyers poor record in games when the sun is up so, in their continued efforts to show favoritism towards their favorite flightless birds, they make it a noon start. ;)

• Like 3

@B21

I don't want to talk to you right now :)

OK but...

Before the series started, if I asked you "Would you sign up for a chance to win the series at home in Game 6?" your answer...heck, everyone's answer...would have been....yes.

• Like 1

@B21

Of course. But right now they're on the precipice of a meltdown that would make the '64 Phillies a footnote. They had the chance for the kill shot in game 4 with 3 Pens suspended, and they blew chunks. Now uncle mo is clearly with the Pens, and a room full of rookies has to stem the tide. We shall see....

there is no momentum when the puck drops in game 6

that game hasn't been played. okay the pens won two, they are playing desperate and are a good team. our team needs to forecheck & move their feet, our depth is superior to the penguins; with last change our coach can exploit that. we will need to score 4, because our goalie will poop the bed for 10 minutes and play small. the flyers can score 4 goals against any team in the league, no matter what time the game starts or where it is. even if the flyers lose game 6 they can still win game 7. I want everyone to quit waiting for the worst thing that can happen, and start thinking about the good things can happen. If you can go to the game, scream your head off don't wait for something bad to happen... think positive people, the pens are not winning this series.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

@B21

Of course. But right now they're on the precipice of a meltdown that would make the '64 Phillies a footnote. They had the chance for the kill shot in game 4 with 3 Pens suspended, and they blew chunks. Now uncle mo is clearly with the Pens, and a room full of rookies has to stem the tide. We shall see....

That's the other side of the "If I asked you..." coin. If I asked the same question but started it with "Knowing you would be up 3-0....".

Still, Flyers are in a good spot. Momentum or not, you have another game in your barn with a chance to close it out.

Edited by B21

If you can go to the game, scream your head off don't wait for something bad to happen...

Will do, I just wish it was 3pm start to allow for more pregame drinking time.

@B21

A Pens fan propping up the Flyers fans, you sir a true hockey fan!

Obviously the league is well aware of the Flyers poor record in games when the sun is up so, in their continued efforts to show favoritism towards their favorite flightless birds, they make it a noon start. ;)

Nicely done. Now where are those tin foil hats?

The game is at noon tomorrow? Who comes up with this stuff? Noon? What, does basketball take primetime in Philly or is there a trade show that's more important? WTF?

NBC is still going to lose out to church. Dumb move NBC. I'll be late watching the game.

@B21

This is overblown, IMO and we can only hope the Flyers players don't share this outlook. Usually, when a series tightens, it's because the other team is doing something right. The Pens are doing a lot of things right and why wouldn't they, since they are a veteran Stanley Cup winning team that has a couple of the best players in the world on its roster. Also, remember it was the Flyers doing this to the Bruins a couple years ago. The season afterwards, the Bruins were so devastated from the experience they swept the Flyers and went on to win the Cup. Let's not think in cataclysmic terms.

Perhaps this will be the fourth time in the history of the league and the 160-plus times it has happened that a team comes back from 0-3 to win the series.

I do believe the Flyers are capable of losing four straight.

I just don't think it happens.

Call me crazy but I actually think it would be pretty cool to wake up and watch the game at 9 AM.

When games start at 7pm it is 9am my time. This noon game= 2am my time!!! What to do?? :wacko: