Crosby out VS Flyers on Thursday

Guest FlyersFan4Life

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=605276

Crosby, who has 2 goals and 12 points in eight games this season, did not accompany the team as it left Pittsburgh today to start a two-game road trip in Philadelphia and New York.

"Sidney took a hard hit during our game against Boston Monday night and wasn't feeling 100 percent," Penguins general manager Ray Shero told the team's official website Wednesday. "He saw Dr. Micky Collins of UPMC today and took an ImPACT test, which showed no problems. However, we all think it's best that he sits out the next two games as a precaution."

Crosby practiced Wednesday and also did a radio interview on a Pittsburgh sports station and did not mention an injury in either instance.

as much as I hate him should just sit out the season and get 100% healthy. Simon tried to the same sit some of season only to get concussed again coming back to early.

@doom88

that's just smart roster management in imo. the guy was out for 10 months then takes a wicked shot to his knee and torques the planted one while doing it. there is no way i send crosby on this trip if he's not 100%. two physical teams on the road. you must protect the investment, i wouldn't care if his rep takes another hit for it either, he's the best player in the world when healthy, if i'm managing that roster i try my best to keep him that way and reap the benefits for years rather than the potential 4 points in december.

They still have Fleury in net. He stymies the flyers more often than not. If anything the pens have shown they can do just fine while coping with lots of injuries.

So have we. Considering all the injuries we've had, including our captain, we are near the top of the league.

The one thing against us tonight is that it's the back end of a B2B, and yesterday was a hard fought victory.

3-1 Flyers.

So have we. Considering all the injuries we've had, including our captain, we are near the top of the league.

The one thing against us tonight is that it's the back end of a B2B, and yesterday was a hard fought victory.

3-1 Flyers.

That's fine. I am just commenting on saying they "better win this one". As if the pens are a pushover. There will be nothing easy about this game. They have the goaltending edge and that has shown time and again to be a big edge.

That's fine. I am just commenting on saying they "better win this one". As if the pens are a pushover. There will be nothing easy about this game. They have the goaltending edge and that has shown time and again to be a big edge.

Beyond goaltending, the Pens are just a very very good team. We're right behind them, but I'd say we're overachieving when you consider the subpar goaltending we've gotten, scatterbrain defensive play, and injuries.

I really think the re-emergence of Hartnell has had a lot to do with our dominant top line, and that kind of trickles down the lineup. Early on, Hartnell was being bumped around and it seemed whatever line he was on kinda stumbled.