anyone else catch coaches corner tonight?

Guest touche22

Don Cherry ripping on Malkin for his dirty hits.

How the F are these not suspendable offences? Either the league cares or they don't, but its impossible to follow their logic

<object width="480" height="322" ><param name="movie" value="http://www.cbc.ca/video/swf/UberPlayer.swf?state=sharevideo&clipId=2225455639&width=480&height=322" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.cbc.ca/video/swf/UberPlayer.swf?state=sharevideo&clipId=2225455639&width=480&height=322" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480"height="322" /></object>

Edited by Digityman
Added video
  • Like 3

Don Cherry ripping on Malkin for his dirty hits.

How the F are these not suspendable offences? Either the league cares or they don't, but its impossible to follow their logic

In this case it is the Logo on the front and the name on the back. They get away with more than any other team.

Slowly starting to change my opinion of Don Cherry. At least people are starting to come out and chastise these NHL darlings for there antics.

The delivery is rough and the suits belong on a clown but there's often substance. Unlike the NBC crew, who I sense are very reluctant to vary from league talking points, Cherry is genuine and has no problem with rocking the boat. It's refreshing and ultimately, I see him as more influential than buffoon.

Probably had more to do with Malkin not being Canadian than anything else knowing a little about Cherry.

LOL. I'm sure Malkin's nationality figures into it for Cherry.

Unless I missed something Cherry didn't say a word about the Malkin hits. He kept talking about Torres. Ron Maclean brought them up, and we saw the Couts and Grossmann hits, but Cherry was his normal oblivious and slurring-word self.

Brian Duff also brought it up after Game 5 on NHL Tonight questioning the multiple "questionable" hits.

and that's always the trouble with Cherry, he makes the same point over and over, 12 different ways, and when MacLean tries to change the subject to another player Cherry doesn't follow his lead.

I like most of the points he made in that segment, esp about McSorley and Gretz and Semeko and the instigator rule being b.s. BUT - it woulda been nice to hear more about what's going on now, in this year's POs. Yeah yeah Raffi Torres, we all knew he's a headhunter, no big news there. But Malkin's name gets dropped and ..... no comment. I don't think it was intentional by Cherry, not talking about him. Cherry just rambles on and on, 1 point 12 different ways.