BRYZ-GA-LOV.............

Guest OccamsRazor

yes Gus looks like a helluva a hockey player.. but with Pronger retiring and probably Kubina and Lila gone free agent, I could see the Flyers resigning Carle for a couple more years..

Lilja is already signed for next season...and he lead all defenseman in blocked shots for the series(19)...WOW I KNOW!

...Kubina is playing hurt which is what G was alluding to with his statement about guys sucking it up and playing with a lot of injuries...

...so really hard to gauge Kubina sice he's been banged up since he's got here.

Gus will replace Carle unless he signs a deal cose to what Coburn signed, cause ain't no way in hell he is worth more than Coby....

Lilja is already signed for next season...and he lead all defenseman in blocked shots for the series(19)...WOW I KNOW!

...Kubina is playing hurt which is what G was alluding to with his statement about guys sucking it up and playing with a lot of injuries...

...so really hard to gauge Kubina sice he's been banged up since he's got here.

Gus will replace Carle unless he signs a deal cose to what Coburn signed, cause ain't no way in hell he is worth more than Coby....

didn't realize Lila was already resigned next year and leads block shots..good to know..

I like Kubina but at his salary range I don't think he's necessary to resign..

I guess Lilja's game rockets up for the playoffs? While slow, he did seem more effective in that series than normal. Those blocked shots numbers are interesting considering his low TOI.

Exactly all i remember is him chasing the puck around a lot in his own zone.

And a couple times him pinching and trying to land a hit only to miss and a odd man break the other way..oh well somewhere he chalked up those stats just crazy that i don't remember a whole lot of positives from his game.

Two things:

1) if you are too slow and chasing the puck, having a coach that tells you to take a position and stick to it regardless can work wonders (it's why a lot of AHL caliber defensemen can stick in the NHL if they keep in position and don't screw up)

2) Lilja's name is already on the Cup, with the Swedish National Team (er, um, the Red Wings), and he has shown an ability to take coaching and play solid positional hockey

Now if he could just do something about that stupid smirk he has every time he screws up......granted he has been smirking a lot less lately but if Grossmann and Mez are due back, Lilja will sit before Gus does or should anyway....I would give Lilja Kubina's minutes since he is nursing some injuries....