BRYZ-GA-LOV.............

Guest OccamsRazor

...at a boy.

The whole team helluva job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Bryz has pretty much been on blast all season (i'm guilty as well) so this is for his SOLID performance even though he may have been battling an injury...yet being a soldier about it!

BRAVO!

Anyone feel free to add at boy if you'd like here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know who you are...i'm in the front of the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy to shout "Way to go Bryz!" after a game like today - as I've always been. It's just that we haven't had many chances to cheer Bryzgalov's play this season.

No doubt about it he was solid today, his best game yet for the Flyers, and I'm including the couple shut outs he had for us this year. I'm really happy for him and for the team.

Like Lavy said before the game, when asked if he needed Bryzgalov to be great today, his answer was "today is certainly the opportunity for a hero to step up."

Bryzgalov did that. So did Giroux, Jagr, Harts, Briere, Couturier, Jake (prob his best game), Carle (great game), Coby - etc. It was a TEAM WIN led by G and our goaltender. Couldn't ask for a better game to close out the series.

I think he made the average saves needed for once. The team D was outstanding, blocking a TON of shots. Forty to be exact. Pens didn't have many shooting lanes or quality chances. Accordingly, I'm glad Bryz made the normal saves, but that's my minimum expectation out of him. Just because he was garbage for most of the season and playoffs thus far does not lower the bar in my opinion. For that matter, I have no idea when he will play at an average level again, and still worry about more regression or reverting to suckage.

• Like 2

I'm happy to shout "Way to go Bryz!" after a game like today - as I've always been. It's just that we haven't had many chances to cheer Bryzgalov's play this season.

No doubt about it he was solid today, his best game yet for the Flyers, and I'm including the couple shut outs he had for us this year. I'm really happy for him and for the team.

Like Lavy said before the game, when asked if he needed Bryzgalov to be great today, his answer was "today is certainly the opportunity for a hero to step up."

Bryzgalov did that. So did Giroux, Jagr, Harts, Briere, Couturier, Jake (prob his best game), Carle (great game), Coby - etc. It was a TEAM WIN led by G and our goaltender. Couldn't ask for a better game to close out the series.

AMEN BROTHA!

He set the TONE early....

...so effin proud...

...he let Crysby know what time it was

HE WAS HUNGRY and it was time to FEEDDD!!!!!!!!!!

What a series...unlike any i remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah that first shift - those first 35 seconds of the first shift, Giroux gave a wake-up call, a message to Crosby, the Pens and his own squad.

If the message was put into words it would be something like, "We're not taking any **** from you today."

The hit alone is highlight reel, but to cap off that shift by collecting the loose puck at the blue line, making a smart, patient move around their D and firing a perfect shot to the top corner...wow. Talk about energizing your home crowd...! 32 seconds into the game...

I'm hoping that Bryzgalov is the worst multiple Cup winner in League history, if that's the way it has to be,

i think fuhr has that one locked up.

anyway, solid game from bryzgalov. wasn't asked to be great, but was as good as he had to be. i see no reason this team can't take 4 of 7 from anyone in the league if they get that kind of stable goaltending.

Bryz is carrying a HUGE load on his shoulders....a Flyer goalie...

...would kill the average man.... :)

Edit: So does playing the Bruins not bode well....

....since Bryz has stated he's scared of bears?????????

GULP!

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Thanks Oz - great choice btw. I'm glad Gus got a star - that goal of his, soft as it was, was a great shot. Fleury shoulda had it but Gus was "feeling it" - besides the goal he helped shut down the Pens scorers and that's no easy feat, especially for a kid playing his first big-time PO hockey.

Bryz was rock solid back there. The team played great in front of him. He didn't have to be spectacular, but he also didn't let in any softies. That's all he needs to do when this team is playing like that. The hug he gave Giroux at the end of the game was pretty cool IMO.

...at a boy.

The whole team helluva job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Bryz has pretty much been on blast all season (i'm guilty as well) so this is for his SOLID performance even though he may have been battling an injury...yet being a soldier about it!

BRAVO!

Anyone feel free to add at boy if you'd like here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know who you are...i'm in the front of the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree congrats to Bryz but this is what happens when your team blocks 40 shots...I've been saying this all year team needs to be more defensive responsible in front of Bryz

• Like 2

I agree congrats to Bryz but this is what happens when your team blocks 40 shots...I've been saying this all year team needs to be more defensive responsible in front of Bryz

Yeah Gus with a goal and 7 blocked shots!!! WOW! Gus i believe will Carle's replacement at season's end (hopefully after hoisting Lord Stanley!!)

Yeah Gus with a goal and 7 blocked shots!!! WOW! Gus i believe will Carle's replacement at season's end (hopefully after hoisting Lord Stanley!!)

yes Gus looks like a helluva a hockey player.. but with Pronger retiring and probably Kubina and Lila gone free agent, I could see the Flyers resigning Carle for a couple more years..