I curse your devilish team and owners

Guest Miller Time

I put the hundred year curse on this once proud organization. They tried to be dirty on the ice and it did not work. So they became dirty off the ice a few years back. How? By jacking up the price on Thomas Vanek knowing full well the Buffalo Sabres would match any offer that came down. Thanks to the dirty polotics of this stinking organization we will have to do some nifty bargaining to accomodate Vanek's contract and take step forward. We did get a little vindication going in there and beating them 10-2 in their building and running McTavish out of his job and onto the CBC network. I was there this year when we pummeled them once again. Your team stinks and like the Islanders it will stink again next year. I can already smell the stench. Where in helll's creation is this God forsaken tundra anyway?Why do they call you the Oilers? Because you are all lubricated 24/7 to deal with the bitter cold.

What are you going on about now??

a) What are you talking about being dirty on the ice?...

B) Buffalo didn't have to match edmonton's offer... and in fact, maybe shouldn't have.

c) what are polotics?

d) Your team is so bad, you're bragging about beating the 2nd worst team in hockey?

e) You probably shouldn't call other teams 'stinky' when yours didn't make the playoffs... frig, over 1/2 the teams do!

f) They're called the oilers b/c.... get this.... oil is one of the natural resources in the area!

g) god forsaken tundra!?!.... dude, you live near buffalo!

You should have a blog... lol... almost said it without laughing.

halibut2.jpg

What are you going on about now??

a) What are you talking about being dirty on the ice?...

B) Buffalo didn't have to match edmonton's offer... and in fact, maybe shouldn't have.

c) what are polotics?

d) Your team is so bad, you're bragging about beating the 2nd worst team in hockey?

e) You probably shouldn't call other teams 'stinky' when yours didn't make the playoffs... frig, over 1/2 the teams do!

f) They're called the oilers b/c.... get this.... oil is one of the natural resources in the area!

g) god forsaken tundra!?!.... dude, you live near buffalo!

You should have a blog... lol... almost said it without laughing.

halibut2.jpg

I am talking about their deliberate attempt to drive up our cap. You have not won anything yet. We have been to two eastern conference finals in this decade so your sucess is not better than ours. Our future is very bright. We have alot of talent. you beat Pitts. Congrats.

@Miller Time

"This is not the Flyers forum. I have a legitimate complaint against Edmonton's upper management and their dirty tactics that are haunting us now"

I don't really get this at all. Why is this dirty tactics? Vanek was a RFA. It is perfectly within the rules of the NHL CBA for ANY team to sign a RFA to an offer sheet. Nothing dirty or illegal about it. If buffalo did not want him to be exposed to the open market, they should have signed him to an extension PRIOR to him becoming a RFA.

On top of that, you make it seem like the Oilers management had targeted Buffalo with some malicious intent to purposefully drive up Buffalos cap. The reality is that Edmonton coveted Vanek and thus made him an offer under the rules of NHL CBA. Under the terms of the CBA, had Buffalo choose to not match Edmontons offer, they would have been entitled to Two first-round picks (11th overall in 2008 and 9th overall in 2009) , a second and third (Buffalos choice for 2008 or 2009 on 2nd round and 3rd round picks). Certainly that is pretty equitable compensation for Vanek.

Lastly, while you portray Edmonton to the this big bad mean organization, I find it humorous that you do not turn ANY attention towards Vanek who had culpability in the situation by signing the offer sheet to begin with.

@Miller Time

"This is not the Flyers forum. I have a legitimate complaint against Edmonton's upper management and their dirty tactics that are haunting us now"

I don't really get this at all. Why is this dirty tactics? Vanek was a RFA. It is perfectly within the rules of the NHL CBA for ANY team to sign a RFA to an offer sheet. Nothing dirty or illegal about it. If buffalo did not want him to be exposed to the open market, they should have signed him to an extension PRIOR to him becoming a RFA.

On top of that, you make it seem like the Oilers management had targeted Buffalo with some malicious intent to purposefully drive up Buffalos cap. The reality is that Edmonton coveted Vanek and thus made him an offer under the rules of NHL CBA. Under the terms of the CBA, had Buffalo choose to not match Edmontons offer, they would have been entitled to Two first-round picks (11th overall in 2008 and 9th overall in 2009) , a second and third (Buffalos choice for 2008 or 2009 on 2nd round and 3rd round picks). Certainly that is pretty equitable compensation for Vanek.

Lastly, while you portray Edmonton to the this big bad mean organization, I find it humorous that you do not turn ANY attention towards Vanek who had culpability in the situation by signing the offer sheet to begin with.

The perception by the majority around Sabreland was that they deliberatley jacked up the price as they knew we would match any offer for Vanek. I stand by my allegations. You have your opinion and I have mine.

This is not the Flyers forum. I have a legitimate complaint against Edmonton's upper management and their dirty tactics that are haunting us now

your are correct but i am a mod and hence allowed, expected to view and post in any forum i see fit. just don't understand you crying over something that happened 5 years ago.

your are correct but i am a mod and hence allowed, expected to view and post in any forum i see fit. just don't understand you crying over something that happened 5 years ago.

It may come back to bite us now. Paying Vanek more than he had coming and having to keep Miller and now we have the green light to spend like drunken sailors. So Its coming to the surface. It was a dirty tactic.

It may come back to bite us now. Paying Vanek more than he had coming and having to keep Miller and now we have the green light to spend like drunken sailors. So Its coming to the surface. It was a dirty tactic.

Haha r u trying to spin the theory that the oilers knew a new sabres owner would come in and allow them to spend so they jacked up vaneks contract to handcuff us??? Sabres screwed themselves by not signing drury and Briere. Think if we took the 4 first rd picks...

Haha r u trying to spin the theory that the oilers knew a new sabres owner would come in and allow them to spend so they jacked up vaneks contract to handcuff us??? Sabres screwed themselves by not signing drury and Briere. Think if we took the 4 first rd picks...

Strongly disagree. Not signing Drury was the right move. And giving into the money Briere wanted was not good either. Vanek we could not lose. We have a solid lineup that will only get better with maturity and Darcy will make a move with those first round picks. We will be a monster next year. Ill write it in blood

@Miller Time

"The perception by the majority around Sabreland was that they deliberatley jacked up the price as they knew we would match any offer for Vanek. I stand by my allegations. You have your opinion and I have mine."

I am really confused. If Edmonton jacked up the price because they knew bufalo would not match then how is it that Bufalo matched?

I think your theory is completely delusional and paranoid and as others have stated, to bring up something that happened 5 years ago out of the blue just seems bizzaro to me.

We will be a monster next year. Ill write it in blood

Did you guys ever win that Presidents Trophy this year?

Man this is great. Well if it is any consolation, I am still pissed at Jeremy Roenick for his reckless hit on Eric Desjardins back in 2004.

This quote from Mark Twain may help: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."