G'Roo > Crosby - when Captains are born....

Guest NJSikkbreed

I think yesterday showed us and the Nation 2 important things....

1 - Claude Giroux is better than Sidney Crosby right now..... this series proved it in many ways. His all around game is stronger -- he's a better leader and a top world, "classy" talent.... not a dirty, little crybaby punk.

2 - We all know Giroux could likley be the defacto Captain moving forward --- but there are just special moments in a player's career

that define his birth into being a team Captain..... G'Roo telling Lavs "I dont care who you expect to start this game, but I WANT first shift!!"

and then going out and laying Crosby 2 feet off the ground onto his back, then stealing the pass and rifling a shot into the back of the net

in the first 35sec of a close-out playoff game is one of those special times we'll all remember......

• Like 1

And telling Briere and Hartnell "watch this shift," then going out and delivering? That's gold.

I've never seen Giroux have the expression like he did after scoring.... he looked like a man possessed! I knew we were gonna win after seeing that

face! He was on a mission.

• Like 1

--- but there are just special moments in a player's career

that define his birth into being a team Captain..... G'Roo telling Lavs "I dont care who you expect to start this game, but I WANT first shift!!"

and then going out and laying Crosby 2 feet off the ground onto his back, then stealing the pass and rifling a shot into the back of the net

in the first 35sec of a close-out playoff game is one of those special times we'll all remember......

"Great players are willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group. It enhances everybody."

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

"Leadership is getting players to believe in you. If you tell a teammate you're ready to play as tough as you're able to, you'd better go out there and do it. Players will see right through a phony. And they can tell when you're not giving it all you've got. "

Larry Bird

Giroux is going to a VERY SPECIAL player for this franchise for a very...very ...long time.

"Great players are willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group. It enhances everybody."

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

"Leadership is getting players to believe in you. If you tell a teammate you're ready to play as tough as you're able to, you'd better go out there and do it. Players will see right through a phony. And they can tell when you're not giving it all you've got. "

Larry Bird

Giroux is going to a VERY SPECIAL player for this franchise for a very...very ...long time.

Basketball player quotes?!? REPORTED!

hey aff..i found something better....

”A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” –Wayne Gretzky

Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight.

You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets (insert Penguins) have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it. .........Herb Brooks before USA vs Soviet Union 1980 Olympics....