Nice Game Flyers vs. Sabres

Guest TedZep

It took a while for them to get started, but oddly when the Flyers finally did start to dominate play, the Sabres scored three straight. It wasn't enough.

Miller has given up 11 goals in less than 5 periods his last 3 starts vs. the Flyers, getting chased twice in the first period. (I think I'm accurate.)

Check out all the love that Giroux is getting from hockey fans across North America. Almost to a man, everyone LOVE watching the kids play and his style of game. Toronto fans, Ranger fans, Buffalo fans, Cannuck fans. You name it. I can't remember us ever having a player that was so universally liked. Everyone thought lindros was a monster, but begrudged him because of his mom / dad antics. Clarke was respected as a competitor, but thought to be dirty and cheap.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382212#YourCallTop

Check out all the love that Giroux is getting from hockey fans across North America. Almost to a man, everyone LOVE watching the kids play and his style of game. Toronto fans, Ranger fans, Buffalo fans, Cannuck fans. You name it. I can't remember us ever having a player that was so universally liked. Everyone thought lindros was a monster, but begrudged him because of his mom / dad antics. Clarke was respected as a competitor, but thought to be dirty and cheap.

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...212#YourCallTop

Whether you liked the Carter and Richards trades or not, one thing that is clear now is that moving those two has allowed Giroux to claim the Flyers as "his" team. I don't think the Flyers have had an identity like that for a long time. I don't mean this to criticize Richards in any way, but Giroux is more forthcoming with the media, and works just as hard on the ice. His team mates seem to love playing with him. He's about as good a "face of the franchise" as you could want.

So good to see them come back again. One down side is the play in the last two minutes of a period and in particular the last two minutes of a game.

Concentration was an old TV game sad to say Bryz would not have lasted very long as a contestant. Where does he go three or four times a game?

@Phyler1

Luckily the Sabres at the same loss of concentration at the end of the first. I turned away with 10 seconds left and the Sabres with the puck to get some dinner and came back to see that the Flyers had somehow scored in that brief time. However, I am not paid $$ million a year to pay attention every second.

I'm pretty sure Jesus invited everybody to the party, wives, parents kids, etc. Turning all the water into wine was a little irresponsible to the children, but that's what the wet nurses are for.

But this discussion is probably moot. Didn't Jesus play goalie?

I'm pretty sure Jesus invited everybody to the party, wives, parents kids, etc. Turning all the water into wine was a little irresponsible to the children, but that's what the wet nurses are for.

But this discussion is probably moot. Didn't Jesus play goalie?

Yes, but his penchant for giving people a second chance was his weakness... kept giving up those big rebounds.

Whether you liked the Carter and Richards trades or not, one thing that is clear now is that moving those two has allowed Giroux to claim the Flyers as "his" team. I don't think the Flyers have had an identity like that for a long time. I don't mean this to criticize Richards in any way, but Giroux is more forthcoming with the media, and works just as hard on the ice. His team mates seem to love playing with him. He's about as good a "face of the franchise" as you could want.

Well stated Jack. And I wont knock either of those guys either- particularly Richards. However, if you read anything that Lavy ever speaks regarding the budding superstar, its not so much his superb talent that is praised (yet acknowledged), but his tenacity to always fight to win all the battles. The guy does not give up on anything. Truly, that is what separates him from the allot of other really talented players (and puts him in a class with crosby- because I think begrudgingly that crosby is of the same ilk / demeanor).

We never hear stories of Roo out canvasing the town for parties and trim. Does not mean it does not happen, but when the coach speaks the accolades he does about giroux and work ethic, it speaks volumes.

I remember reading (and maybe seeing) that prior to his first rookie camp he was training and one of the drills was to race a horse.

I was very happy to read another time that he and JVR became fast friends because Giroux's off ice training has become somewhat infamous (not to Jagr level) and that would rub off on JVR.