CAPS TAKE OUT BRUINS

Guest jkearse123

Lol. Wouldn't it suck if we're all here cheering the Caps and it's them that end up beating us

There's a reason I don't cheer for matchups. Play who's in front of you.

• Like 1

did anyone else think that was goalie interference on the OT winner? not enough for a penalty, but enough to wave off the goal. Knuble went into Thomas halfway deep in the crease with no help from any defender, and kept him from making the save on the rebound. I know its the playoffs, and OT game 7 the whistles go away even further...just my observation that the goal should have been waived off(i DID prefer the caps to win this, fwiw). Thomas didnt seem to complain about it though, so maybe its just me.

• Like 1

Nice!

Now go Sens!

So if the Sens beat the Rangers and New Jersey beats the Panthers, the Flyers end up the top seed in the east. With Boston out the Flyers wouldn't face the Rangers until the 3rd round if the Rangers get past the Sens. Should be a good game tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Now we can worry about something other than the Rangers.

If Ottawa wins, well that would just be awseome.

BUT...

If Ottawa wins and Florida wins, Flyers play Caps.

If Ottawa wins and NJ wins, Flyers play Sens.

If NY wins and Florida wins, Flyers play Cats.

If NY wins and NJ wins, Flyers play Devils.

I like scenerios 1 and 3 the best but heck no NY till round 3? Fantastic!

Tim Thomas aside, the Bruins were the least impressive Cup winners in recent memory, asterisk laden and anointed Penguins notwithstanding.

The Caps, by winning a series, have exceeded all expectations. That makes them a great next opponent.

'

did anyone else think that was goalie interference on the OT winner? not enough for a penalty, but enough to wave off the goal. Knuble went into Thomas halfway deep in the crease with no help from any defender, and kept him from making the save on the rebound. I know its the playoffs, and OT game 7 the whistles go away even further...just my observation that the goal should have been waived off(i DID prefer the caps to win this, fwiw). Thomas didnt seem to complain about it though, so maybe its just me.

So it was like a lot of Bostons goals?

@flyercanuck

And the people that laughed when they brought Hunter in as coach. Its kind of laughable to me how people think that an ex-player has to be a Mario Lemieux, Gretzky type (oops, did I actually say that?) to have any success as a coach. Look at a guy like pat burns, scotty bowman, hitchcock, etc. None having played a lick of pro hockey.

I also liked Mactavish when he coached in Edmonton. Not sure why he has not been gotten another job yet.

The Caps are a much better team this post season than years past. That being said I don't think they are up to the task of playing the Flyers. Of all the teams left the Caps worry me the least. That of course is assuming that Bryzgalov is not a sieve.