We're gonna play the Devils...bank it!

Guest NJSikkbreed

I think both New Yawk teams (the Devils only PLAY in NJ, but they are another NY team, to me) handle their business tonight.....

I like the Devils to upset Florida 4-2..... they really, really outplayed the Panthers in Game 6.

I dont like the Rangers --- but they've been too solid all year to choke away at home after capturing Game 6 w/ their backs against

the wall --- so I see them winning a tight, close one 3-2 tonight, as well.....

which means --

Rangers play Capitals

Flyers play Devils

I know Brodeur is old -- but I fear he finds the fountain of youth out of past flashbacks of all the times he's stone-walled us!

Still we are 5x deeper than the Devils..... just need Bryz to show up partially for us to win.

@NJSikkbreed

I'm inclined to agree, but you never know. Rags have had a hard time scoring at even strength. If they don't get the PPs they need, they could be in trouble.

Can't take any team lightly, but I like us against the Debs. We have had Brodeur's number for awhile now and they don't have great depth at forward or D.

• Like 1

Devils I think would be a good match up as well. They lack depth and to take Kovy out of his game makes it much easier on us. I would almost be inclined to put Kubina in if he is healthy as he has the most experience with Kolvachuk.

After watching the the 1st round across the NHL, I am willing to say no one is safe.

Devils I think would be a good match up as well. They lack depth and to take Kovy out of his game makes it much easier on us. I would almost be inclined to put Kubina in if he is healthy as he has the most experience with Kolvachuk.

After watching the the 1st round across the NHL, I am willing to say no one is safe.

Cooter on Kovy? Let the kid do his thing and not worry about Kovy at all. After that, the Flyers depth should be able to take over.

The only thing that scares me a little is Flyers ability to be down 1 or 2 goals in the 1st. Devils will full back into a trap which might prove tough to beat.

• Like 1

@NJSikkbreed

I'm inclined to agree, but you never know. Rags have had a hard time scoring at even strength. If they don't get the PPs they need, they could be in trouble.

Can't take any team lightly, but I like us against the Debs. We have had Brodeur's number for awhile now and they don't have great depth at forward or D.

brodeur has not been great. he's very beatable. i like our chances in that matchup. cooter on kovy. we out depth them on forward. but, on the other hand... we'll most likely play the rags for the conference title. while that will be hairy, it could be an instant classic. winner will be favorite for the cup.

@Digityman

Cooter on Kovy is a different animal than Cooter on malkin. Malkin and Cooter are essentially same height (6'3) and nearly identical weight. Kovy is 30 lbs heavier (230) and when he wants to can be a beast.

The upside of that matchup is that if Kovy gets frustrated, he will try to cheat and that bodes for turnovers and odd-man rushes the otherway with Cooter leading the charge.

• Like 1

@NJSikkbreed

I like the Flyers against anyone in the league if they have Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Grossmann, and Mezsaros in the line up and Bryzgalov is 80% or better of what he was in March.

I think both New Yawk teams (the Devils only PLAY in NJ, but they are another NY team, to me) handle their business tonight.....

I like the Devils to upset Florida 4-2..... they really, really outplayed the Panthers in Game 6.

I dont like the Rangers --- but they've been too solid all year to choke away at home after capturing Game 6 w/ their backs against

the wall --- so I see them winning a tight, close one 3-2 tonight, as well.....

which means --

Rangers play Capitals

Flyers play Devils

I know Brodeur is old -- but I fear he finds the fountain of youth out of past flashbacks of all the times he's stone-walled us!

Still we are 5x deeper than the Devils..... just need Bryz to show up partially for us to win.

I hope so. We'll destroy Jersey.

@Digityman

Cooter on Kovy is a different animal than Cooter on malkin. Malkin and Cooter are essentially same height (6'3) and nearly identical weight. Kovy is 30 lbs heavier (230) and when he wants to can be a beast.

The upside of that matchup is that if Kovy gets frustrated, he will try to cheat and that bodes for turnovers and odd-man rushes the otherway with Cooter leading the charge.

I did not realize Kovy was that big. Kind of ridiculous with that speed. As far as cheating up is concerned, if Kovy gets free, it's a goal every time against the space cadet. It would actually work in their favor, as our guys aren't great at finishing yet.

Definitely is. I've got Flyers in 5, maybe 6 and Caps in 7.

If all goes well, that sounds about right. You gotta figure Marty is gonna steal at least one game so lets just hope Bryz does not give away more than that.

I think Caps/Rags could be decided in 6 and it will come down to who ever gets the better goal tending. Money is on Hank but this kid Holtby is playing beyond his years.

Edited by trevluk

If all goes well, that sounds about right. You gotta figure Marty is gonna steal at least one game so lets just hope Bryz does give away more than that.

I think Caps/Rags could be decided in 6 and it will come down to who ever gets the better goal tending. Money is on Hank but this kid Holtby is playing beyond his years.

Plus the Rangers can't score goals. They didn't look too great in the first round and Lundqvist stole several games for them. It can't last forever against a good team.