Bryz versus the Devils

Guest flyercanuck

Just checking out Bryzgalovs record against Joisey this year (I know, regular season means squat) In 3 and 1/2 games this year he stopped 75 of 76 shots for a .986 save percentage and a 0.28 GAA.

There, I said something positive about the leagues most overpaid player this year.

As has been pointed out, hyperbole is rarely your friend.

Sure Scott Gomez took $7.3M for 11 points in 38 whole games - $250K a game. His team was golfing before the first round.

Rick DiPietro made $4.5M this season for 3-2, 3.73/.876 in 8 appearances - $562.5K per game. Hit team was golfing before the first round.

Bryzgalov comes in at a paltry $169.5K per game and, in all fairness, put up 33 wins in 59 games with 2.48/.909. His team beat the "Cup favorites" and is playing in the second round of the playoffs.

At least DiPietro makes sense - he played NCAA and the Isles should have known better. Gomez, oddly enough, played... Junior? Huh.

Just checking out Bryzgalovs record against Joisey this year (I know, regular season means squat) In 3 and 1/2 games this year he stopped 75 of 76 shots for a .986 save percentage and a 0.28 GAA.

There, I said something positive about the leagues most overpaid player this year.

Thise stats mean nothing. Bryz will domonate although defense will stumble in a couple of games. Bryz will prove why he is paid $51M.

Thise stats mean nothing. Bryz will domonate although defense will stumble in a couple of games. Bryz will prove why he is paid $51M.

I hope to god that your crystal ball is right............or....puff,puff, pass.......

Just saw that on the Caps/Rags intermission report. At first I was amzed... then I thought, surely the bulk of that had to come in the crazy March run. No, it is spread throughout the year.

OCT 8 / W3-0 / 60MIN / 20SH/20SV

JAN 21 / W4-2 / 60MIN / 31SH/30SV

FEB 4 / L4-6 / 29MIN / 8SH/8SV

MAR 13 / W3-0 / 60MIN / 17SH/17SV

3 1/2 games / 3-0-0 / .967sv / 0.29 gaa / 2 so